What "man jobs" have you done today?

Soldato
Well my day was a nearly what man jobs have you... but Evri delivered an open and battered box from Toolstation, with no packing, which ensured the full drum of twin and earth smashed all the dry wall back boxes :(
Whole lot rejected, spoke to Toolstation, refund incoming and fingers crossed tomorrow will see an intact delivery.

sDi8zAK.jpg

Soldato
Well my day was a nearly what man jobs have you... but Evri delivered an open and battered box from Toolstation, with no packing, which ensured the full drum of twin and earth smashed all the dry wall back boxes :(
Whole lot rejected, spoke to Toolstation, refund incoming and fingers crossed tomorrow will see an intact delivery.

sDi8zAK.jpg
Yeah they're a nightmare. I had 3 boxes delivered over 3 days in no particular order. Shame. Screwfix way more reliable

Soldato
Yeah they're a nightmare. I had 3 boxes delivered over 3 days in no particular order. Shame. Screwfix way more reliable

This is the first time I've had an issue, but have never ordered things that require a little common sense with packing before..

Started to chase cable runs.

iOVgzU4.jpg

udyCK5i.jpg

BG8VyOH.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Nice (unexpected) warm and sunny day so out in the garden

Cut the grass

Weeded the gravel and border at the front

1000068383-01.jpg

Weeded the front raised border and planted the new plants bought earlier

1000068400-01.jpg

Pruned that huge laurel at the back left of the gravel weeding picture and the Mrs asked me to prune Willow tree at the back which was blocking light into her mini greenhouse

Out with the pruning kit

1000068385-01.jpg

And said trimmings

1000068386-01.jpg

Stripped them down for anything half decent to use as kindling.

While the chainsaw was out I cut down two old chopping blocks which will get split to burn next season

1000068387-01.jpg

Soldato
Nice (unexpected) warm and sunny day so out in the garden

How is the battery chainsaw? I'm tempted by one for odds and sods (any major /elevated work I'd get tree surgeon in)

Ive never used a chainsaw before and a bit safety lax.... But so far been fine with lots of angle grinder'ing etc. Dont know if chainsaw trousers etc is necessary for fairly menial home based work.

Soldato
Had a decent push today. The doors randomly arrived too (scheduled for Tuesday; he said he was delivering in London and had them on the van just in case).

VnEGos5.jpg
3m x 2m with integrated blinds.

JTYKDGd.jpg

Walls up - just need to build 2 smaller walls to take the RSJ.

Unfortunately I ran out of steam and time; the nail gun was way too loud to keep going.

tPP1mVZ.jpg

This certainly isn't water tight; I just hope it doesn't fly off :cry: .

I am hoping to get a major push on Tuesday which'll see it fully water tight and doors sealed, but the weather is utter garbage again :(

Soldato
How is the battery chainsaw? I'm tempted by one for odds and sods (any major /elevated work I'd get tree surgeon in)

Ive never used a chainsaw before and a bit safety lax.... But so far been fine with lots of angle grinder'ing etc. Dont know if chainsaw trousers etc is necessary for fairly menial home based work.

I don't used my petrol one anymore as the battery one is.certainly good enough. Izt doesn't have the grunt of the petrol but much quicker and easier to use

So long as you are sensible you should be ok. I don't use chainsaw trousers but try not to cut too close to me.

Soldato
VnEGos5.jpg
3m x 2m with integrated blinds.

JTYKDGd.jpg
What's the floor dimensions of this? Have you kept it under 15m²?

I'm starting to want to plan mine out but initially thought I'd do 4m x 4m (5m wide garden). Realised this is over the limit but now thinking about 3x5 as "long" might actually make for better layout than "big and open".

Soldato

I'm starting to want to plan mine out but initially thought I'd do 4m x 4m (5m wide garden). Realised this is over the limit but now thinking about 3x5 as "long" might actually make for better layout than "big and open".
Up to 30m2 is fine if youre 1m off the boundary line. It can be up to 2.5m tall.

If youre 2m off the boundary line it can be 3m tall if flat roof or I recall 4m it pitched

Soldato
Up to 30m2 is fine if youre 1m off the boundary line. It can be up to 2.5m tall.

If youre 2m off the boundary line it can be 3m tall if flat roof or I recall 4m it pitched
Oh yes forgot about the 1m distance - annoyingly though that would give me a tight space as garden is 5m x 15m. 1m around each side would be good for maintenance I suppose.

Soldato

6x3.5. you have to be careful with spans over 4m. The commercial ones will start to install flitch beams etc.

Stay a meter off of the boundary for BC. As soon as you go closer than a meter and over 15msq (i.e. entering "not a shed" territory) they want it substantially non combustible which is interpreted differently by different councils. Medway iirc say that means brick.

Add to this the size of the existing shed. @dlockers what's your total shed storage space?

Is your total shed(penis) size larger than @john_smith ?
The workshop is 13x3 so total space external to house is 60sqm. It doesn't matter about size as John loses all man points by making it about cycling :rolleyes: :p

Soldato
6x3.5. you have to be careful with spans over 4m. The commercial ones will start to install flitch beams etc.

Stay a meter off of the boundary for BC. As soon as you go closer than a meter and over 15msq (i.e. entering "not a shed" territory) they want it substantially non combustible which is interpreted differently by different councils. Medway iirc say that means brick.

The workshop is 13x3 so total space external to house is 60sqm. It doesn't matter about size as John loses all man points by making it about cycling :rolleyes: :p

60sqm is Airbnb territory!

Soldato

sDi8zAK.jpg

Well as an update, it has been reordered and stuck in a black hole at Evri since 22nd

Glad I ordered everything else to start the job on the 22nd :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom