What "man jobs" have you done today?

Soldato
Did you line the planter with plastic sheet or as I will be doing soon, with plastic bins with the bottom remremoved
Yep, plastic sheets used to line it.
The wood is treated too, as its treated decking board. So I hope it will last.
The bottom of mine can be removed with 4 screws. Then it would just fall out haha

Associate
Took out the old airing cupboard that was in the youngest bedroom.

Was quite fun really. Now to get it all patched up etc…

I know also have a car full of the rubble I can’t dump yet as booked the wrong tip and can’t rebook at the right one as we’re only allowed diy waste slots once a week. Why they let me book a diy slot at a site that doesn’t accept plasterboard I don’t know.

Soldato
Just pottering around the garage planning the new floor...

I have currently about 105mm of height to play with, between original concrete and intended floor height. Allowing for subfloor and actual flooring this barely leaves me 75mm for joist height.

Can I get away with this if I add a support mid-joist? It's a 2.7m span so would be 2 x 1.3m spans if I stack up in the middle. Seems I could easily beef this up by using wider than 45mm timber, 300mm centres instead of 400mm, and blocking between joists. But all the calculators I can find don't go below 95mm CLS, and also assume 400mm centres.

Confident I can make it strong enough, just don't know if it'll pass regs I guess.

Soldato
No, they live in the messy bit :D

I must take a pic later ....

:cry:

@dlockers look away now, nothing to see here *la la la la la la la*

1000068672-01.jpg

1000068673-01.jpg

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Soldato
Just been to the local Farm shop (not the food sort) and bought another 200ltr Oilives container - It's just like a water butt but has a screw on lid that is air tight - Second one I have - first cost me £15 but buggers charged me £22.50 for this one - All I am doing with this one is put a overflow outlet on it and drill some holes in the lid and putting it against a existing butt and put that butt overflow in lid of new one and done - This will be a backup if other 5 run out of water.

Just put half bottle of washing up liquid and 5 buckets of hot water in it -put lid on then put it on it's side and rolled it around the slabs.
Tipped water out -hosed it down and olive oil free now inside.

Soldato
:D

-
Start the clock... [0917]

Stop the clock (plus I showered). Some highlights (or lowlights lol).

One man lift of the beam --- I went with the caber toss method to get it down the garden as my pregnant wife was totally useless at lifting it and her BF was playing on my PC :rolleyes:

WmDThCi.jpg

Roof joists in. Slight bow has annoyed me on left hand trimmer - will probably need to sawzall it off and start again - it has a slight curve in it due to a bow in the timber.
WaNwBtC.jpg

Secured for the next few days as the weather is just all over the place. Note the different membrane right hand side - £80 saved! The neighbor had a tiny offcut and I was only that much short!
5hCMu8T.jpg

Back
Top Bottom