What "man jobs" have you done today?

Soldato
Looks good but if it's anything like mine will be filled with crap and boxes soon. To be honest even with a good ladder and access i can't really be arsed going into my loft.
Yep within minutes those bags of clothes were chucked up. Most of the junk got sorted as it was in the workshop tho so hopefully ok for a year or two :cry:

Soldato
Did you fit this bath @200sols ? It's on legs, glued to wall on battens, and sitting in 3 joists he's diagonally cut to get perfect level - which is fine, but I think he's used an entire D4 bottle of glue to floorboards and bath.....FML.

cnTsZ2v.jpeg

Soldato
Been out and bought a new water butt -Ex olive shipping container with 220ltr capacity and screw on lid - not bad - On ebay for £20 but got it a bit cheaper - just ordered a tap for it - Also put bit of Mr Muscle in it and filled it to make sure there are no leaks -All is fine -just got to fit it

KGImBEH.jpg

Soldato
Put in a large gate fence post - the old one had rotted through at the base. Had to shape it with planes in the rain..then spend the afternoon drilling/digging the remainder of the old fence post out.. it was like a dentist. Finally put together and postcreted.. and just as it started raining again - transferred the latches and locks. Freeking knackered.

Then weeded the lawn, raked in some more grass seed.

The tiles I fitted before yesterday's rain seemed ok.. but it seemed that the adhesive has decided to droop from behind a deeper section on closer look.. so that will need addressing when I have the chance.. mainly by using an angle grinder to remove the set droop below the tile. Partly due to temps but also the rain. Well today I took that as a sign and solved the gatepost.

I ache. HR max was 169 today..

Soldato
Gave up at this stage -
JQpI6E0.jpg

I have a clear run now to...
* Channel the wall for socket/aerial/CAT6
* Extend the ring for 2 sockets in the external wall (will be insulated plasterboard)

I have some spare loft roll 170mm I'll chuck beneath the floor to keep the kitchen a fraction warmer.

Materials for summer house show up May 7th :eek:

Soldato
Question - do I keep the niche? I feel this room being quite small could do well to have a niche with a socket in it; then if a double bed ever gets squeezed in, it'll act as a form of side table?

Soldato
Pretty long list this weekend, mostly driven by getting a heat pump installed 2 weeks ago:
Re-layed some loft boards which got taken up
Relayed a load of insulation
General tidy up in the loft
Rebuilt the shelving in the airing cupboard, fitting it around the new cylinder and pipework.
Filled sanded and repainted around new radiator pipework on 7 rads, typically all rooms were a different colour and I only used the wrong paint once :p
Touched in a load of other paint bashes/scrapes while I was there.
I wrapped up the weekend with building 2 book cases

Back
Top Bottom