What Next for 2020? Volcanoes of Course!

Associate
Lol, is Daisy still running the surf shop there? Last time in New Plymouth, I tore a muscle in my back during a surfing lesson and poor Daisy was a little upset. A wave caught the side of the board and spun me around.
The best bit was that a female Great White appeared a couple of weeks later (after returning to God's Country - Wales), swimming between a couple of sailing boats. 2004 I think it was..

Soldato
No,

But what we do need is sufficient electrical generating capacity to, at the very least, meet all requirements to survive a 1963 winter (Let alone a Volcanic one) that does NOT rely on

1) Wind
2) Sunlight
3) Imported fuels

As things stand. There are only two ways of achieving this.

We are closing down one of them (And mostly closed down the means of fuelling them) and we do not have anywhere near enough of the other!

:/

Nuclear & tidal?

We'll be fine here, got plenty of neighbours I'd happily burn as fuel :D

Man of Honour
In 1963 the channel half froze over.

I am not sure we could rely on wave/tidal for a volcanic winter (Or even a 1963 rerun)

I doubt it froze solid however - would need a bit of innovation/adaption but short of an extreme global freeze the oceans will still be affected by the moon, etc. producing tidal movement.

Soldato
I doubt it froze solid however - would need a bit of innovation/adaption but short of an extreme global freeze the oceans will still be affected by the moon, etc. producing tidal movement.

1963 was just a couple of months of unseasonably cold weather.

There were concerns even then that the channel might freeze over completely.

A Volcanic winter would be far colder and last a lot longer. Well sub-zero and lasting years even.

Soldato
It isn't. Far from it.
giphy.gif

Man of Honour
Well so far I've had:

Plague - COVID-19
Pestilence - An infestation of ants in the house so bad they were coming through the light fittings.
Famine - My fridge/freezer has been broken for about a month.

I'm just waiting for war to erupt between my wife and I.

Bring on 2021. I'm 'ard enough!

Soldato
1963 was just a couple of months of unseasonably cold weather.

There were concerns even then that the channel might freeze over completely.

A Volcanic winter would be far colder and last a lot longer. Well sub-zero and lasting years even.
Well Ice Road Truckers has been getting a bit stale, a change of location would probably bring some life to the format

Back
Top Bottom