What PC games are you playing?

Associate
This isn't talked about that much since coming out at the end of 2019 and it definitely went under my radar until I happened upon it, but I've been playing the Dragon Quest Builders 2 Jumbo Demo on Steam, it's easily one of the best demos I've played in a long time, maybe ever. I'll probably buy the game even at full price when it's over, but even the free demo gives a huge amount of content.

It's the from the classic Enix Dragon Quest series with the iconic cartoon monster designs, but an action combat RPG where you build your own towns and weapons, etc in a similar style to Minecraft and have farms a bit like Harvest Moon/Stardew Valley but with much nicer graphics.

The demo gives you an entire island so far where you can unlock enough building parts to make a really nice town, I've already had 10 hours out of it for free still not finished.

Well worth checking out if you liked Minecraft, Terraria or even Cities Skylines builder type games as well as any kind of RPG.

Honestly one of the most addictive games with the most generous content demo I've played in a long while, it's pushed Monster Hunter Iceborne aside for me and that's a great game in its own right.

ne0

ne0

Associate
Just finished Innocence: A Plague Tale

What a great game!! Set in the 14th century, amazing detailed graphics, incredible soundtrack and atmospheric with some interesting innovative gameplay. Also has rats, lots and lots and lots of rats.

Only negative was some lazy design towards the latter part of the game which was slightly immersion breaking...such as guards conveniently ignoring your companion because presumably the devs couldn't be arsed to program that scenario out so just left it in.

Anyways, if you like single player adventure, sneak em up games then you'll love this one.

Also it's included on Xbox Game Pass.

Soldato
Back on re2 remake doing Claire's campaign, had finished Leon's awhile ago.

Such a good remake, everything about it I like tbh.

Besides that I just play apex on pc when not on re

Associate
Picked up Transport Fever 2 and Dragon Quest XI, so I've been playing them lately.
Enjoying them both so far, Transport Fever is a little bit fiddly as the UI and controls could be way better but I'm enjoying watching the settlements evolve as I link them up.
Dragon Quest is just silly and simple and I'm loving it, would have liked the main character to be voices but it's not a massive issue.

Soldato
I just 100%ed the Steam achievements on Slay the Spire. Just A20 on Silent left to clear and then I'll have done it all (well, apart from Ascension Heart kills but blow that for a lark).

Associate
Still playing Pathfinder Kingmaker at the moment. Managing a Kingdom can be hard! I keep saying to myself i'll finish up these few bits then log off. Then an hour later im still saying the same. Its addictive.

Associate
Still playing Pathfinder Kingmaker at the moment. Managing a Kingdom can be hard! I keep saying to myself i'll finish up these few bits then log off. Then an hour later im still saying the same. Its addictive.
Finally got around to starting this the other week, not far into it yet but enjoyed what I played so far.
Planning to play a bit more over the weekend.

Soldato
I'm finding myself too preoccupied to get into my usual games - I tried Assetto Corsa but gave up after a few laps. I can't give it the level of concentraion it deserves.

I decided to try Doom (2016) again, for the first time since upgrading from the GTX780, and really enjoyed it. It was nice being able to turn the graphics and AA right up too.

Caporegime
The Dream Machine 6/10

I feel inclined to lower the score, because it turns out what I thought was the full game in my Steam library was just the first couple hours.

Everybody and their dog wants to sell their indie game in "chapters" now, so you have to keep getting your wallet out to finish the game.

Nah, no thanks. What I saw was OK, but not worth £20 to see the rest.

e: Docked another point. I remembered that the soundtrack to the game is a tad annoying. It's ambient noise, on a fairly short loop, and in a couple places is just distracting/annoying.

Last edited:
Soldato
Borderlands 3
Started with Moze, didn’t really like her skill set that much so restarted with Amara and have just got to Sanctuary.

A bit disappointed at the moment if I’m honest. The Calypso pair are cryngy, especially Tyreen’s catchphrase, clearly that pair were made for the Twitch/Tuber kids.
The start of the game is just boring. I hope it gets better.

Back
Top Bottom