What PC games are you playing?

Associate
Path of Exile, although I wouldn't say its been quite as good as of late. That said, a new player probably wouldn't notice since a lot of the issues are with the more complex systems that new players tend to skip over

Just started Plague Tale myself. Only a few chapters in but it's very compelling so far. Andromeda was mind numbingly boring when I tried it.

Agreed, Andromeda over the few hours of one evening I played it. Wasn't up to much tbh. I only thought I'd give it the next evening as well to give it a fair chance.
On the other hand, while I said before I never played the earlier trilogy, I did actually have the first game on XB360. Not for long though, and only put in maybe half the time I did for Andromeda (as I wasn't feeling it at the time) but tbh as I recall it, it had more fun and action going for it in comparison, even in that very short time.
Andromeda crashed landed me on a planet, told me to find x and/or y people and... I never found 'em. In fact the game crashed while trying. The map said they were up a cliff, I spent ages trying to get up there, and finding no way I could walk up tried jumping and jetpacking up and blue screen... Yeah, nah.

Dragon Age: Inquisition was also a no go on EA Play with GP. But that one wouldn't start at all (sort of like Prey after I fixed the dumb green screen issue)
Tried WWZ today and it has nothing on L4D. Tomorrow I'm trying out Greedfall. Got my eye on HZD and Days Gone but I think they deserve the new PC, which is delayed yet again, probably for stupid reasons...
Plague Tale is on the list though, only placed low. Haven't gone for it yet as I had doubts about low on combat, story led games after Hellblade (which was a good idea/cause and all, just boring)

Soldato
Hardspace: Shipbreaker - Take a spaceship apart in space. Don't cut the fuel lines unless they are empty, be aware of explosive decompression, don't let the reactor explode. And don't lose track of where you are and be sucked into the furnace. Its a 3d puzzle but quite repetitive but I find it quite relaxing.

Siege Survival: Gloria Victis - Its a similar concept to This War of Mine but medieval.
You upgrade your Keep with various work stations and resource management is essential and you go into the city at night to scavenge stuff.
Its an isometric view rather than the scrolling side profile, maybe not as many moral choices to make. Your Keep can come under attack in the day and the enemy patrol the streets at night.
The main difference is that you have to keep your group (2 or 3 people) fed, watered and injury free as well as supplying your defending your force with weapons, food, water, meds and repair material. It is harder than TWOM.

Associate
Hardspace: Shipbreaker - Take a spaceship apart in space. Don't cut the fuel lines unless they are empty, be aware of explosive decompression, don't let the reactor explode. And don't lose track of where you are and be sucked into the furnace. Its a 3d puzzle but quite repetitive but I find it quite relaxing.

Siege Survival: Gloria Victis - Its a similar concept to This War of Mine but medieval.
You upgrade your Keep with various work stations and resource management is essential and you go into the city at night to scavenge stuff.
Its an isometric view rather than the scrolling side profile, maybe not as many moral choices to make. Your Keep can come under attack in the day and the enemy patrol the streets at night.
The main difference is that you have to keep your group (2 or 3 people) fed, watered and injury free as well as supplying your defending your force with weapons, food, water, meds and repair material. It is harder than TWOM.

Interesting... I already gave Hardspace: Shipbreaker a miss tbh but the Siege Survival... I see there's a demo so I'll give it a try today. Sounds good, I'm thinking maybe more like a TBS than This War of Mine but lacking the moral choice side of things and the intense feels might be a good thing as that game really tested my emotional strength tbh, playing it was draining.

Associate
Bought Nier Automata recently but I'm not sure if I should wait till the patch they promised eventually hits. Its a bit cumbersome trying to load all the recommended mods.

Associate
Anyone still playing l4d2 these days

I totally would. It's the pinnacle of truly coop (and serious, grown up level) gaming for me. It just blew my mind back then, after so many 'team' games to play one that forced cooperation, even between complete strangers, with mechanics that weren't ott to do so. I think I preferred the first L4D tbh, having actually owned that and only getting a handful of hours on the sequel.
Last I tried L4D though, having bought it on Steam so long after XB360, it wasn't good. So many servers full of ah's being toxic or just messing around, cheating etc...
Tried WWZ recently and it wasn't the same nor half as good tbh. It tried to add too much of more modern 'standards' and mechanics imo, while L4D 1/2 were more about KISS.

Associate
As a throw back I've just gone through the whole Halo collection, playing Streets of Rage 4 and just got GTA 5

I so wanted to have a go at Reach again and ODST for the first time but gamepass just wouldn't cooperate and properly install any of it. Shame cos Halo was the main reason I signed up for gp anyway.

Associate
Currently got the attention span of a 1yr old, so dividing my time between Snowrunner, Days Gone, Railway Empire, Mass Effect Legendary... Spend an hour or two on one, then switch games. :rolleyes:

Soldato
Resident Evil HD Remaster. I spent 11 hours playing this game on my first play through. I'm new to the series and I didn't do well with managing my ammo. So pretty much struggled when I finally had to fight any bosses. A little disappointed but I've restarted my game now and going to try avoid needlessly killing zombies.

Soldato
Working my way though Mass Effect 1 in the Legendary collection.

It still feels rather clunky and I've had a few issues where I've had to reload a save or my companions getting stuck on various bits of terrain or behind doors. I'm not sure how someone new to the series would find it but as a long time fan I'm having fun. Doing a lot more of the side missions than I used to do but I feel I'm levelling up really quickly

Associate
Currently got the attention span of a 1yr old, so dividing my time between Snowrunner, Days Gone, Railway Empire, Mass Effect Legendary... Spend an hour or two on one, then switch games. :rolleyes:

Nothing unusual tbh. I'm also a messyhead in that respect. About to splash on Days Gone (cos I loved Dying Light) and HZD (which reminds me a lot of Enslaved: Odyssey to the West) though ideally I'd be starting either on the new PC (which is delayed yet again) for the best experience.

I also have Railway Empire. It looked really good imo so I wishlisted it for ages... then Epic gave it for free. The reality is... it needs me to give it more time to get a handle on some of the mechanics and controls, they seem not the most intuitive tbh. Looking forward to getting back to it and for EGS to have discounts for some of it's DLC.

Soldato
Still playing AC Odyssey which I started a couple weeks ago. Finding it really good fun which I didn't with origins for some reason. Had this game in my library for 2 years and paid £26 for the gold edition.
My grandad (78 years old) is currently playing it as well with 250+ hours clocked on it for the PlayStation 4, must be a huge game.

Back
Top Bottom