What PC games are you playing?

Soldato
I had wanted to play Lost Ark as a friend seems to be really enjoying it, but as the developer is actively blocking Linux users from playing by refusing to enable Proton/EAC (which is reportedly about as simple as flipping a few switches in their Steam control panel, dropping a single file into the distribution and repackaging) I decided to see what other RPGs I had in my Steam library. Settled on Torchlight II over the weekend. Entertaining enough so far.

Caporegime
Just downloading some games from GOG to try out - only seems to be maxing out at 30MB/sec which is half my connection speed. Is this similar to everyone's experience, that it doesn't download at full whack?

Associate
Just sort of finished days gone, with about 60% hordes done,
On to resident Evil 4 with the hd mod,
Looks great, even better playing this game again, bit clunky but enjoyable
Crysis 2 and 3 remastered 3/4 of the way through both

Soldato
Switching between Icarus and Grounded currently.

Grounded is early access but has a lot of content added already. Basically Honey I Shrunk the Kids in a back yard.

Icarus is released but is updated often. Great to look at. Basic survival mechanics are solid. Proper PVE at times with damaging storms. Wildlife is the weak point with little to no AI just random spawning of individual predators or prey so mostly resources on legs. If they don't improve that aspect I'll give up on it.

Associate
Switching between Icarus and Grounded currently.

Grounded is early access but has a lot of content added already. Basically Honey I Shrunk the Kids in a back yard.

Icarus is released but is updated often. Great to look at. Basic survival mechanics are solid. Proper PVE at times with damaging storms. Wildlife is the weak point with little to no AI just random spawning of individual predators or prey so mostly resources on legs. If they don't improve that aspect I'll give up on it.

The missus has been waiting eagerly for Smalland, release date keeps getting pushed but after seeing the development (when checking for release updates at the behest of the wife) I must say that i'm looking forward to it myself now aswell :)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/768200/SMALLAND/

Caporegime
The missus has been waiting eagerly for Smalland, release date keeps getting pushed but after seeing the development (when checking for release updates at the behest of the wife) I must say that i'm looking forward to it myself now aswell :)

https://store.steampowered.com/app/768200/SMALLAND/

I hope this is better than Microsoft's version, Grounded. I can't seem to get on with that for some reason.

Soldato
I hope this is better than Microsoft's version, Grounded. I can't seem to get on with that for some reason.

Initially I didn't think it would be that great but was using it to test a 2nd PC as it tends to use a decent amount of CPU so shows up a weak cooler. I guess it can feel a bit like a game written for kids and the player characters can be a bit annoying but the detail out in the world has kept me exploring so now I want to finish what's there now.

Soldato
Restarted the Division 2 with all the DLC included and really enjoying it.
I was playing the first but I felt that the enemies were becoming bullet sponges and I was having to play one bit over and over again so boredom set in.

Soldato
The Planet Crafter.

I spent about an hour yesterday looking through steam wondering what to play. I often find it hard to find a game to play the keeps my interests.

And then I found 'The Planet Crafter'. Someone described it as a mix between no man's sky and subnautica and I'm inclined to agree with them.

I started playing it at 1 p.m. and did not stop until around 930pm. There is a demo on Steam well worth checking out if this sounds like your kind of thing.

Caporegime
The Ultimate Doom (not the DOS version).

It's nice to play it as originally intended and I also like the sort of 'software' look of the graphics.

Getting used to not having up/down mouselook is a little strange.

Back
Top Bottom