What Retro Games Are You Currently Playing?

ryu

ryu

Associate
I recently fell back into the rabbit hole that is the original destruction derby. Once I start the championship.....that's it until it's completely done!

Still such a fun game
For some unknown reason, the PSX version of this is in my draw at work!

Man of Honour
Almost retro.... Been playing absolutely plain, unmodded Skyrim for the first time in years. Not even going to touch a bow either. I'm getting achievements for pretty much the first time too... :eek:

Associate
I'm not sure if it counts because it's a remake but I've been working my way through Live A Live. Once I get my Mister running I'll be going on a retro binge.

Man of Honour
Let's see how long that lasts. "Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in" :D
Level 31 and no bow or arrows in inventory. Well apart from the occasional enhanced bows that get sold.

Destruction magic is nice and high as well as conjuration.

Soldato
Well it seems the new HDMI adaptor made by EON for the original Xbox isn't reviewing too well.

Such a shame as I have their N64 HDMI adaptor and it's amazing.

Associate
After MVGs recent video on startropics (NES) I finally decided to give it a proper go via the Switch Online service.
I've always given up on it as i found it a bit clunky but actually found myself playing it pretty much start to finish in one session, It had a bit of that classic nintendo moon logic at times but nothing I couldn't eventually figure out myself.
I'll definitely give the sequel a go in the future :)

Soldato
What's more retro than a retro project for the Amiga!
Loved this game when I was a kid and played it for 30 mins last night in bed on my Steam Deck

Pharaoh's curse (originally an Atari game)

Associate
Had my delivery of a RG35xx over the weekend, waiting on the new memory cards to arrive so just had a play with the supplied one. been living my childhood out again on Super metroid, zelda: Link to the past and Suikoden. so far its been quite straight forward so looking forward to having a play about with OS etc next

Soldato
Started to play some arcade ghouls and ghosts on Halloween and wow its brutal. Straight up unfair at times!
I've played a bit of the first game, Ghosts & Goblins, and it's a serious challenge! It's a bit of a favourite of mine, even if I can only make it to the third level :D

If you like the G&G games, check out the 'Arcade High Score' thread; we're playing Black Tiger as the current challenge. It's similar to G&G, but a bit more forgiving.

Associate
Sim City 2000 Special Edition via PCem.
This is pretty much inspired by LGRs recent retrospective on the game, I spent so many hours (maybe days) playing this on my trusty p166 with 16mb of ram back in the day.

The game still plays fantastic and is still my favourite in the series :)

Associate
Just played through Alex Kidd in Miracle World + Wonder Boy in Monster Land - two of my favourite games as a kid (possibly because that's all we had...), a lot of nostalgia there.

Back
Top Bottom