What retro things have you done today?

Soldato
Are you getting rid of them for a reason? (I dont need/want them but dont throw them out! :p )
I Put a 99p bid on this and was suprised to get it for that. Postage was low too..
Still sealed from 1992!

sorry i only saw your message after andy's as on next page. the soundcard was spare, the graphics card i had a problem with one game (no one lives for ever, which is a bit fussy)

Soldato
Spent last night taking apart/cleaning my HD 5970 and a single HD 6970 then putting them back together. Picked up a brand new boxed Crosshair IV recently with a Phenom II X6 1100T so going to make a bit of a 2009-2010 system. Although I am admittedly running out of room now a bit…trying to justify so many different pc builds oops.

Soldato
I would do but I'm being thick as a plank and can't work out how to pm

it wont let me start a convo with you ... You may not start a conversation with the following recipients: andy223uk.

@Armageus any ideas why? i just want to lob some free stuff in post

oh you only have 7 posts, there maybe something you have to set up first to enable conversations.

Associate
I've not messed with much retro stuff lately due to life things, but I did pick up this motherboard as its looked in interesting.

Its a Soyo SY-P4I845PEISA. A Pentium 4 Socket 478 i845 board with ISA slots. I think it was used in some industrial setting as it really was quite dirty! Should make a good High End Win98 board with the ability to have ISA sound cards for the later DOS games. It even came with a 3.06 533 P4 CPU which was a awesome bonus!

oe8Ibdml.jpg

Soldato
I've not messed with much retro stuff lately due to life things, but I did pick up this motherboard as its looked in interesting.

Its a Soyo SY-P4I845PEISA. A Pentium 4 Socket 478 i845 board with ISA slots. I think it was used in some industrial setting as it really was quite dirty! Should make a good High End Win98 board with the ability to have ISA sound cards for the later DOS games. It even came with a 3.06 533 P4 CPU which was a awesome bonus!

oe8Ibdml.jpg

Ahhhh SOYO. I had a Dragon (gold PCB) NForce 4 board. Spiritually succeded by DFI IMO (in aesthetics alone, it was pretty unstable).

Soldato

oe8Ibdml.jpg
Looks like a nice bit of kit!

Associate
I've received the cards from these 2 listings, I risked a bit on both, but I was lucky as the cards I was interested are working: Voodoo Rush and the Voodoo 3 1000 (I thought it's a Velocity 100 card). The GF4 Ti 4200 and the PCI GF2 MX200 are working too. The Tseng card is posting with artefacts as seen below and the Kyro 4500 / PCI FX 5500 are not posting at all, but I will try them on different systems, maybe with some luck they will work eventually. Except for a couple exceptions all the other cards are posting.

Soldato
Found a nice Abit KR7A RAID board but the caps are domed. Are the cheap Soldering irons off Amazon worth a punt?
You will need to pre heat the board to have much luck. My cheap soldering iron doesnt get hot enough to melt the solder for the bigger caps because the rails they are on are a giant mass of copper that is absorbing the heat too.

Associate
I took a gamble on a relative cheap listing of 3 PCI TNT M64s, received them after a couple of days and all 3 are posting, with one having two different tones of colour. The seller had just listed another lot of similar cards and what it seemed to be a GF3 reference model. I bought them and received them yesterday. Again, all 3 TNT cards are posting, but I get no signal from the GF3 card. I had high hopes that the GF3 card would work...
Other purchases from ebay included a 6600 GT AGP boxed, a PCI GF4 MX 440 SE and a PCI low budget Sis card.

Soldato
Spent some time this evening with my new purchase pentium 166 trying to find some SDRAM for it for a nice boost.
My smallest sticks are 128mb and its hit and miss which ones "work". Some wont boot, some show as 2mb or 8mb and the only one I have got to realistically work is showing as 32mb (when it is a 128mb stick).
Going to order a 32mb stick and hope that it works properly! Also looking for a 233mmx to fit into it.
Swapped the s3 trio64v for a virge/DX as well for a little VGA boost.

Back
Top Bottom