Poll: What speed connection do you use?

What speed internet connection do you have?

• Dial up

• Less than 1Mbps

• 1Mbps or above but less than 2Mbps

• 2Mbps or above but less than 4Mbps

• 4Mbps or above but less than 8Mbps

• 8Mbps or above but less than 50mbit

• 50Mbit - 100Mbit

• 200Mbit - 330Mbit

• 330Mbit - 500Mbit

• 500Mbit - 1Gbit

Results are only viewable after voting.
Associate
I get a download speed of 6.8 to 7mb so fine for downloading most games and gaming etc
If I am downloading from steam I get 4 Mps. from U-play I get 9.4 Mbps. from origin I get 10 Mbps. from other MMOs I get the full speed of 77.33 Mbps. AS for gaming I have no complains about VM zero lag and that is when I have two or three overlays and TeamSpeak running plus downloading in the back ground. When I signed up to VM I asked for the gaming package and has not dropped connection unless the router was updating and I love there costumer service.

Soldato
If I am downloading from steam I get 4 Mps. from U-play I get 9.4 Mbps. from origin I get 10 Mbps. from other MMOs I get the full speed of 77.33 Mbps. AS for gaming I have no complains about VM zero lag and that is when I have two or three overlays and TeamSpeak running plus downloading in the back ground. When I signed up to VM I asked for the gaming package and has not dropped connection unless the router was updating and I love there costumer service.

Must agree, I had it gone down once for about 30 mins but before I noticed it was back up and running without any issues.

I have been with Virgin for 10 years at my current address and even when I lived at home I was using virgin they where called NTL when i first signed up for their broadband packages lol. In all these years I have never had my internet go down except for the one point mentioned earlier so cant fault them.

My max speed using steam is 7mb never seen it go up higher than this and even using torrents i get this speed. My package is just a standard one as well. When we cancelled everything else i kept the BB due to reliability of it.

Associate
Approx 30Mbs here with FTTC. Recently had virgin install cables in our area which as tempting as their 200Mbs connection is - I think I will wait and see what problems they have in our area first. Plus the price! :O

Man of Honour
You know what's sad, when I originally voted in this thread I said8mbit+, now 10 years later and it is 4-8mbit.

How the mighty have fallen, at one point I was in top 10% of connections in UK, now in bottom 5%.

Associate
My entry to the willy waving contest.

6763413751.png

Real world, just downloaded a game on Battle.net, 95-105Mb

Last edited:
Man of Honour
My max speed using steam is 7mb never seen it go up higher than this

I usually get 8-9MB/s at home (80/20 FTTC) on Steam except on a new big game release where it averages about 3 and can be anywhere from 1.8-4MB/s. On faster connections I've not got hugely more though.

Soldato
I usually get 8-9MB/s at home (80/20 FTTC) on Steam except on a new big game release where it averages about 3 and can be anywhere from 1.8-4MB/s. On faster connections I've not got hugely more though.

That speed is the max I get on most things when I download stuff weather it's through steam, origin, uplay or just a file download from a site. Nothing goes over 7mb

Associate
I always had the fastest package available since 512k broadband came out in 2001 I think. From Telewest to Virgin Media 100Mb September 2013, loved that ISP!
Then I moved home where VM wasn’t available so I had to get BT 76Mb I used to get 65-75Mb.

Since April 2016 I’ve had 1Gb from Hyperoptic, it’s just so awesome. I’ve gotten easily over 500Mb from pretty much every website including EA origin, steam, amazon servers, Microsoft, google maps etc.

Associate
I always had the fastest package available since 512k broadband came out in 2001 I think. From Telewest to Virgin Media 100Mb September 2013, loved that ISP!
Then I moved home where VM wasn’t available so I had to get BT 76Mb I used to get 65-75Mb.

Since April 2016 I’ve had 1Gb from Hyperoptic, it’s just so awesome. I’ve gotten easily over 500Mb from pretty much every website including EA origin, steam, amazon servers, Microsoft, google maps etc.

Great isn't it. I needed to re-download a game after a fresh install last night. 6.5Gb done in about 90 seconds. Gigabit is just incredible.

Associate
Get 52Mbps in a Village (line is probably capable of 66 max with no interference) so can't complain at all when it was 3.5Mbps before. Took a while to get use to it and no longer needing to select 360p on Youtube videos anymore.

Soldato
Quite funny reading back at some of the comments.

Glad to see households are getting similar speeds to the Universities 11 years ago :D

Associate
It seems strange, to think that back in year 1999-2001? when we had 56k dial up, parts of the Netherlands had 128k ISDN.
Then a year or two later when 512k started rolling out here, Sweden had 10Mb which seemed like a Godly speed. Then In year 2004-5 I remember reading that somewhere like Japan and/or South Korea cities had 1Gb - when all we had was maybe 20Mb.
Now 10-12 years later only a handful of households have 1Gb. Yet its ironic that I read in the news today how ISP's are striving so hard to try deploy 1Gb FTTP to millions of homes. Yep - should've just invested into expensive FTTP back in the days of early xDSL tech instead of scrapping now-old ADSL broadband.

Listen to the workmen of what they feel they can do, and not what investors say - aka privatisation - making the workers poorer and upper management & investors richer.

Last edited:
Soldato
I voted more than 8Mbps when this was posted and I think at the time I had 3x bonded ADSL lines which gave me about 20Mbps down and 2Mbps up.

Now I have Verizon Fios 1Gbps FTTP.

Back
Top Bottom