What theme park rides won't you go on?

Capodecina
Soldato
I was at Winter Wonderland on Saturday. Now I generally like to think of myself as someone who will do any theme park ride. Been on Stealth at Thorpe Park and countless roller coasters, I love them.

But there are just some rides I cannot get my head round. There was this thing [(I think) it's called an orbiter] with four or five arms which spin round in a horizonal circle and then go higher in the air and upside down. I went on it and it was pretty horrific. Then there was this other turbine ride called Gladiator Blizzard which went bloody high and upside down. Thankfully it broke before we got on it.

So how about anyone else? Will you do ANY theme park ride, or just some... or none?

Associate
I won't go on any spinning teacup type ride as it just makes me sick. Any ride which gets you drenched I tend to avoid just because it's not fun walking around a theme park in wet shoes. We went to Orlando this year and I went on a few of the roller coasters there, I couldn't decide whether I enjoyed them or whether I was trying to make myself enjoy them.

Caporegime
Spinning rides give me a severe headache (I'm talking about things like the Spinball Wizard at Alton Towers), other than that anythings game.

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
The big, high swing ride thing

Yeah that's Gladiator Blizzard. They have to keep the people on the top when they let the people on the bottom off/on. I can't imagine sitting up there in the wind waiting for it to move again.

and the one that just drops.

Did the tower drop last year. Was higher than I thought, but still fun.

Ironically enough had more fun on the dodgems than anything else! Blizzard coaster was good too.

Associate
I can't see my self going on these type of rides ever again;

Went on one of those a few years ago and the G force was incredible, really did make me feel ill afterwards.

EI3p3su.jpg

The other is the apocalypse at Drayton Manor, I really did feel like I was about to fall to my death!

NLDpE5Q.jpg

EDIT

Also wouldn't go on these;

PNQH0vp.jpg

3mAHPEE.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I went on my first rollercoaster ride last year and it was called Rita, it's at Alton Towers.

Petrified before, petrified now. The pictures that came out were horrendous. My mate, arms in the air, happy as a pig in ****, and me... Gritting my teeth, in sheer horror.

Still, it's off my bucket list now.

Soldato
I'll go on anything at all providing it doesn't have a circular motion to it.

Teacups are possibly my worst nightmare, along with waltzers and things like Ripsaw... Oh and those things where its like a flat ferris wheel and everybody is strapped to the outside of the cage. Spins, spins and more spins. NO!

Man of Honour
I went on my first rollercoaster ride last year and it was called Rita, it's at Alton Towers.

Petrified before, petrified now. The pictures that came out were horrendous. My mate, arms in the air, happy as a pig in ****, and me... Gritting my teeth, in sheer horror.

Still, it's off my bucket list now.

Odd.. Rita is pretty tame for a rollercoaster.

Soldato
All of them. I get no enjoyment from them. I'll go on them for the sake of it, I wont avoid anything unless I don't like the thought of it. It's not that I getting sick or I'm scared it's just they're boring and a waste of money.

Although if it's a warm day, I'll go on the wet rides because I actually enjoy those... I went on one where it was complete darkness and it was darkness, I have a feeling it was pleasure beach.

Last edited:
Associate
I'd go on pretty much any, although like mention i tend to avoid water rides because of the walking around wet after.

Went on the Big Shot at the top of the Stratosphere in Vegas a few years ago. Was scary as hell being so high up but i'd totally do it again.

Associate
Anything that drops you can bugger right off. Went on Rush at Thorpe Park thinking it looked like a piece of cake. Nope, never again. Going forwards was fine but when it pulled you back was horrific. Screamed like a giant pansy much to the amusement of everyone else. Hate that feeling of falling/light stomach with a passion!

Back
Top Bottom