What TV shows are you currently watching

Man of Honour
Sons of anarchy, watched the first 2 series when it came out. Started from the beging and God it's good. Hopefully it doesn't go downhill.

Last edited:
Associate
Stuck with The Shield (after initially being disappointed following The Wire) and have almost finished the first season, with only the finale to go. And I have to say that I am enjoying it a lot more now that I have warmed up to the characters a bit more. It still doesn't have the realism of The Wire, but I'm enjoying it on an entertainment basis and will definitely plod on with the follow on seasons.

Soldato
After The Wire I tried the Shield and gave up towards the end of Season 1, the tone just didn't feel quite right.

Then I found Southlands and it totally got me hooked, the wife and I just absolutely blitzed through all the seasons.

Soldato
Finishing off the final season of Hell on Wheels.

Have loved this show. 1 and 2 were the best but, aside from it dragging a little in the over-long S4, it's been great throughout.

Will go on to Gotham S3 next - haven't checked but it was supposed to arrive on Netflix today.

Soldato
Watched Channel 4's The State this week - it was really very good, well worth a watch - apparently very well researched and gives some insight into the inner workings of IS. It's only a 4 part drama and is available on 4od for another 20(ish) days.

Soldato
Billions season 2 is much better. You will enjoy it a lot, they fixed the pacing and the story is tighter with a great ending. Acting as always by the two guys is top notch.
There was literally nothing to fix nor did they as it's one of the best shows of the last decade, I will say season 1 + 2 feels more like season 1 parts I and II and that's no bad thing.

Associate
Tried watching Ozark after it's Breaking Bad-like hype but am struggling to get past the first few episodes. Just feels very unnatural how he seems to be able to talk his way out of every hostile situation he gets himself in.

The Americans - have just caught up to the end of the free ones on Prime and really into it.

Man of Honour
I found it ok in the end - first started it and got to around the start of episode 4 before it kind of lost me but put it on in the background while working on a project a few months later and felt it picked up a bit in the last half of the season. Though at times it kind of fails to click I found it easier to forgive than a lot of stuff lately.

Back
Top Bottom