What TV shows are you currently watching

Man of Honour
I'm increasingly amazed at the quality of a lot of these shows. In the last 5 years it's really improved. A Netflix or Prime subscription is really worth having now.

Caporegime
The Good Place on Netflix
Kristen Bell, Ted Dansen

Binged it and above average to very good.
Well worth a watch.

It's really really good, the latest ep (2x03) is absolutely amazing.

I kinda liked it, it worked, then at the end of the series it went into overdrive, can't say too much without spoiling it if you know what I mean. It's so well done and very re-watchable, almost required to watch it again actually. Second series has been even better.

I've always loved Bell in most things she does, same with Danson actually, but the guy who plays Jian Ju (spelling?) is absolutely genius in it.

It's kind of a slow burner, at first it may seem a bit sillier than it is and maybe isn't as funny at first. It just keeps getting better though before turning from pretty good to brilliant towards the end of the season with the second season picking up exactly where the first season left in terms of quality.

Associate
I've just started Suits which looks like it shall be fun. I tried The Good Place, but turned it off half way in as it seemed a touch daft. Also started the new Star Trek series. It's a bit 'meh' so far.

Season 5 of House of Cards to watch on Blu when it gets released next week. My netflix isn't always the best quality due to slow internet, so very good shows get bought.

Still waiting for: Season 4 of The 100, Walking Dead, Stranger Things and 13 Reasons to start up again. On Amazon waiting for Atypical and Red Oaks to start up again (next year).

Associate
Not sure if i will bother with Luke cage before starting the Defenders.

IMO, Luke Cage is possibly better than Jessica Jones, really enjoyed both.

For me, Luke Cage >(or=) Jessica Jones, > Defenders > Iron First. Not watched Daredevil yet....

Man of Honour
The Good Place on Netflix
Kristen Bell, Ted Dansen

Binged it and above average to very good.
Well worth a watch.

Its awful but it kind of works - they've walked a thin line managing to get the absurd just right - a little more and it would have been tedious and silly a little less and it wouldn't have worked.

Soldato
The first 10 or so episodes I wasn't thinking all that much of Designated Survivor, seemed a little poorly written, a little obvious and convenient at times, but since then I feel it's picked up. Only at about ep 16 myself.

Soldato
I thought designated survivor was utter drivel. I wanted to like it because Kiefer Sutherland but the plot is so far fetched, poor acting and the script is useless and as you say too convenient in parts. I gave up at the break, at 10 episodes.

Soldato
I think the break was at 12, no? Could be wrong. Funnily enough, as I said, up to around 10 I would agree. After that it finally started getting interesting. Wouldn't list it as a 'great' show but reasonable enough to keep me watching.

Caporegime
Watched The good place on Netflix.
Funny and we'll paced, the episodes just flow and it's easy to binge multiple.

Season 2 has started. Interesting to see how it goes on from S1.

Back
Top Bottom