What TV shows are you currently watching

Associate
you sadist, hang them quick then pull the innards in front of them them then chop off the limbs
but yeah i liked Gunpowder.

Dont quite understand the old woman where they put a stone beneath her back
was that a thing?

either way she took the easy rout out!

Damn

Soldato
you sadist, hang them quick then pull the innards in front of them them then chop off the limbs
but yeah i liked Gunpowder.

Dont quite understand the old woman where they put a stone beneath her back
was that a thing?

either way she took the easy rout out!

Damn

I am guessing that the stone/rock underneath her back would break her spine when the weights were dropped on top of the spiked board. It would make it extremely more painful either way.

Soldato
I'm amazed no one but me (it would seem?) is watching Snowfall. It's bloody excellent. There's 10 episodes of which 4 have been broadcast. All 4 still available on iplayer for 2 months. The main star of the show, Damson Idris, is actually from Peckham.

Snowfall, Series 1: Episode 1: www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b099161r

Snowfall, Series 1: 2. Make Them Birds Fly: www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b09bby7p

Snowfall, Series 1: 3. Slow Hand: www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b09cbfvc

Snowfall, Series 1: 4. Trauma: www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b09dgl6y

Caporegime
Rectify.

Finished this last week. WOW! Easily the best Yank TV show I've seen since House of Cards, and absolutely the best drama. Southern Gothic has a troubled, inconsistent history, but Rectify absolutely nails it.

The entire series is carried by just two actors.

Aden Young is flawless as Daniel Holden. Every single aspect of his performance screams authenticity, from his odd speech and quirky mannerisms to his mental instability. I have rarely seen such a powerful performance in cinema, let alone TV.

Adelaide Clemens is heartbreakingly beautiful as the innocent but troubled Tawney Talbot, and her approximation of the garbled mouth mush spoken by rural Georgians is extremely convincing. I loved every minute she was on screen, and it beggars belief that she didn't win any kind of award for her part.

I rate Rectify at 29.97 on the Haglee Scale, which works out as a stunning 9/10 on IMDB.

Associate
Recently:

Mind Hunter - Good show, can drag a little at times though. Worth watching season 2 when it comes.

Stranger Things 2 - **** got real! Not as good as the first season I thought though. Will watch season 3.

Star Trek Discovery - I'm a few episodes behind on this one. It's OK if you forget it's star trek and treat it as a stand alone series.

Suits - Didn't really think I'd like this, but I've slowly been watching an episode or two here and there. Enjoyable, but perhaps a touch repetitive.

Red Oaks - Fun little series I thought. Not sure how much longer they'll air it for though.

Soldato
Agreed, just finished ST2 and liked it, but I don't think it was as good as S1.

Also watching Luther now. Odd series structure. S1 - 6 eps, S2 & S3 - 4 eps, S4 - 2 eps?

Quite enjoying the comedy 'Kevin Can Wait' now they got rid of his wife and brought Leah Remini (Carrie from King of Queens) into the show.

Back
Top Bottom