What TV shows are you currently watching

Associate
Mare of Easttown - 3 Episodes in and very good, be interesting to see where it goes.

Also, still working my way through SEAL Team, over half way of Season 1 down, enjoying it.

Soldato
I am still working my way through the X-Files. I really like the standalone episodes where there is a weird death, murder or some other strange happening. But, so far, I don't like most of the episodes that are tied into the overarching story arc of Mulder and his Sister, the smoking man etc. It's beyond belief how stupid and inept they all are, the Syndicate, the Smoking man, Mulder, Scully, Mr. X and the men in black. All of them.

Man of Honour
I just started watching Fleabag yesterday.

I don't know if I'm the target audience but it's great!

I thought that Fleabag was the greatest thing since sliced bread, and was gutted when it finished, my heathen wife on the other hand, really didn’t “get it”, she prevailed on me to record it, and watch it when she was out, or had gone to bed.

Man of Honour
I am still working my way through the X-Files. I really like the standalone episodes where there is a weird death, murder or some other strange happening. But, so far, I don't like most of the episodes that are tied into the overarching story arc of Mulder and his Sister, the smoking man etc. It's beyond belief how stupid and inept they all are, the Syndicate, the Smoking man, Mulder, Scully, Mr. X and the men in black. All of them.
I have always thought the same - the ‘monster of the week’ episodes are far more entertaining.

Caporegime
Binged Giri/Haji over the weekend. I though it was great, one of my favourites of the past year for sure.

It doesn't seem to be very well known or popular for some reason though. Highly recommend you give it a try! Currently on Netflix.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8001106/
Loved this, though the dancing in b/w went on for a bit.

The wife and I are about to just finish season 1 of Mythic Quest - consider us hooked!

Soldato
Band of Brothers.

My partner hasn't seen it before so we've been watching this the last few nights. Up to episode 8 now. I wanted to watch episode 9 tonight but she isn't having any of it. I think Ep9 is one of the most powerful TV episodes I've ever seen so I'm both looking forward to it but already not looking forward to the imagery.

I always forget just how good BoB is and how stacked the cast is of future stars. For only a 10 episode miniseries it's easily in the top tier of tv shows only matched by Sopranos, The Wire and more recently, Chernobyl

Associate
Dark - I finished binging all three seasons a few days ago. It's taken me a while to digest it all, with the help of some family trees.
Just WOW! Text book example of what happens when writers plan it out exactly what will happen and the studios don't interfere.
All the actors were excellent and the casting was amazing, getting similar looking people to play the same person of different ages. I understand some family relations were cast.
I have a small niggle concerning the Loophole, but other than that, perfect. 10/10
I'll probably binge it all again soon, knowing the characters and the plot/timelines I think a second watch will be even better, less confusing.
The writers new project, 1899, is in production. Fingers crossed for the same quality!

Associate
Dark - I finished binging all three seasons a few days ago. It's taken me a while to digest it all, with the help of some family trees.
Just WOW! Text book example of what happens when writers plan it out exactly what will happen and the studios don't interfere.
All the actors were excellent and the casting was amazing, getting similar looking people to play the same person of different ages. I understand some family relations were cast.
I have a small niggle concerning the Loophole, but other than that, perfect. 10/10
I'll probably binge it all again soon, knowing the characters and the plot/timelines I think a second watch will be even better, less confusing.
The writers new project, 1899, is in production. Fingers crossed for the same quality!

Yep I think it could be my favourite series to date. Really looking forward to 1899 and to see if they can deliver again

Soldato
Watching Misfits from the beginning again, Series 3 and it's took a big nose dive.

Yeh I missed that when it was on ages ago. Like you I got to S3 and I've lost interest now. Ever since they could change powers I wasn't getting on with it anymore.

Good to see another fan of Dark. For me it's one of the best series ever made. Utterly gripping.

What was the loophole you mentioned?

Soldato
Love Death + Robots season 2 just released!

EDIT: I tried watching 4 episodes, quit most of them before halfway through, really disappointed.

Last edited:
Associate
I just started watching Fleabag yesterday.

I don't know if I'm the target audience but it's great!
I thought that Fleabag was the greatest thing since sliced bread, and was gutted when it finished, my heathen wife on the other hand, really didn’t “get it”, she prevailed on me to record it, and watch it when she was out, or had gone to bed.

Amazing show! thanks for the heads up, started it, fantastic, full of laughs and entertainment, she is a wonderful actress.

Back
Top Bottom