What TV shows are you currently watching

Soldato
After saying great things about People Just Do Nothing, i'm about mid way into S3 and a bit bored with it now, didn't really watch more than an episode a day but struggling to keep the interest in it.

It is a great show and the comedy is on point, I probably just need to watch something else for a while and come back to it.

Man of Honour
My wife set the Sky box to record “Married at first Sight U.K.” this week, while she was visiting her dad out in the boonies.
She put it on last night, and I was like a not that interested captive audience.
My first thought was ‘how desperate can someone be’, to offer themselves up to be married to a perfect stranger?
Particularly as none of the participants, male or female, seemed to be coyote ugly.
As it unfolded, I became more interested, as my own foibles and good or more likely bad judgement bubbled to the surface, i.e., “how the **** can he/she ever be attracted to him/her?
I paused the TV and said things to my wife like, “You’ve known me for 40 odd years and know that striking a woman is not in my DNA, but I can’t understand why this guy hasn’t thrown that **** over the balcony of their hotel room.”
We haven’t seen all the couples, but so far the only couple that seem to be reasonably well matched, if you discount the obligatory gay male couple, are the early forties? guy who lives in Dubai, and his mid to late thirties? bride, who has two sons.
He professes to be okay about the boys, but is worried about whether she’d move to Dubai, and she’s probably thinking the same about him giving up all that sunshine and relocating to U.K.
I’ve got to watch the verdammt thing now to find out which couples try to make a go of it, and which slit their wrists.

8 Days To The Moon and Back.

An extended BBC documentary on the Apollo 11 mission to the moon. But the whole thing was using the words from Neil Armstrong and Co.

I thoroughly enjoyed it and it really is a spectacular thing they managed.

Soldato
After finishing Superstore I needed something with short episodes, likeable close nit cast and laugh out loud comedy - found it in Kim’s Convenience, 2 seasons in and it’s absolutely brilliant!

Soldato
I saw Missions rated in this thread so thought I would give it a go. It gets a 6.5/10 on IMDB but IMDB can be hit and miss for sci-fi, so ignored that.

It starts well. It's like a mixture of Mars (without Musk's annoying face popping up), and Defying Gravity. Both of those shows started to get a bit daft towards the end. Unfortunately Missions follow suit.

It draws you in for a number of episode (why are they so short), then starts to make a mess of the bed a bit, so to speak. Not anywhere near as badly as Raised by Wolves, but enough to make you think, 'oh come on.'

IMO it's a 6/10 at best.

Season 1 spoiler
In season 1 last episode or 2, why the hell do think oh it's ok we'll take a 3km plus hike when they have a vehicle

Season 2 spoiler
starts getting really stupid now. The lead pilot (I forget his name) has been through the portal before. He knows the atmosphere is good and you can breath the air inside that large building, so why when a Alice (really Irene) takes her helmet off, is he saying "no wait..."

Then, we get that Irene has a physical body identical to Alice. How though all of a sudden does Irene know which way to go to find the super computer, and has all kinds of information about the civilisation on Mars that has never been disclosed before?

Soldato
I really want to see the 3rd season but just don't know how to get my hands on it :(

https://screenrant.com/missions-season-3-updates-release-date-story/

[While it's difficult to track down concrete information on Missions season 3. In late 2019, an article by The Pariarisan stated that French network OCS had ordered a third season, while a June 2021 French TV Stories interview with Valérie Vleeschhouwer and Charles Touboul from the show's distributor Mediawan confirmed that filming was about to wrap up on season 3.]

[Sadly for followers of Missions, they confirmed season 3 will also be the end of the series. While they offered no plot details, they promised it would be a great finale.]

[In the above interview, it was predicted that Missions season 3 would air before the end of 2021. That said, there has yet to be an air date for the final series confirmed, but all going well, fans should expect to see the third season before the end of the year. Hopefully, there will also be a trailer confirming the series is actually coming back soon.]

https://screenrant.com/missions-season-3-updates-release-date-story/

[While it's difficult to track down concrete information on Missions season 3. In late 2019, an article by The Pariarisan stated that French network OCS had ordered a third season, while a June 2021 French TV Stories interview with Valérie Vleeschhouwer and Charles Touboul from the show's distributor Mediawan confirmed that filming was about to wrap up on season 3.]

[Sadly for followers of Missions, they confirmed season 3 will also be the end of the series. While they offered no plot details, they promised it would be a great finale.]

[In the above interview, it was predicted that Missions season 3 would air before the end of 2021. That said, there has yet to be an air date for the final series confirmed, but all going well, fans should expect to see the third season before the end of the year. Hopefully, there will also be a trailer confirming the series is actually coming back soon.]
That's awesome news! Thanks so much for finding that information. :)

Associate
Just watched the latest season 5 Netflix episodes

really enjoyed the 1st 4 series bar the last 2 which were utter tripe... season 5 is OK but the gunfights are just rubbish 20 plus people shooting an array of machine guns at each other in the same couple of rooms and only one took a bullet in the arm after a near 2 hour gun fight LOL and considering they are supposedly the best of the best yet they cant hit each other at 10yrds of prolonged shoot outs 4/10

Caporegime
Damn you wife! She loved Gossip Girl back in the days and wanted to watch it again. Annoyingly I got invested after a few episodes, it's a silly teen drama but I would argue it's more entertaining than some crud CW are pumping out (e.g. The Flash). The writing has its ups and downs, often needing characters to do really stupid things to propel the story or for someone to be obviously recording/taking a picture. And every other episode, a party is required to solve something else :cry:. I think I worked out we spent 5-8% of the last ~7 weeks watching this show :o (80 hours). It is what it is but I have seen far worse shows on TV, plus there are some hotties in it.

Soldato
After finishing Superstore I needed something with short episodes, likeable close nit cast and laugh out loud comedy - found it in Kim’s Convenience, 2 seasons in and it’s absolutely brilliant!
Thank you. Been after something to watch after finishing Superstore myself and after one episode I'm hooked.

Back
Top Bottom