What TV shows are you currently watching

Associate
Decided to give McMafia a go...had initially avoided it because of the name, which I thought was stupid (blame not understanding the source/reason for it) but now 3 episodes in I'm hooked.

Soldato
Now on Jessica Jones. I enjoyed the first few, but have not much liked the last 2 or 3 episodes (I'm halfway through ep8). Starting to feel like a bit of a chore.
Finished JJ.

Probably enjoyed about a third of it. Mostly it was pretty ordinary, though. JJ herself is alright, the stuff with her and Luke Cage is decent. All the other supporting characters were terrible, and mid-series just dragged.

Also, I've not seen any of the other related series, but there was a quite obvious cameo/crossover from a character from a sister series late on, that just made no sense at all until I realised the probable link. Was stupid.

Now watching Bosch season 4. Always solid.

Soldato
Just started Lost in Space, episode 1 & 2 so far.
Wasnt expecting much from it so I'm not too surprised, but will stick with it for a bit.

Also watched the first episode of Altered Carbon, again will stick with it for a while as I hadn't got a clue what was going on in places :D

Associate
Watched the new Timeless last night but it's coming across as soooo booooring. Let's get a new set of villains, let's live to fight another day and let's bring a problem in to run through the series. Why can't writers ever be original any more. I need a book!

Associate
Finished Godless on Netflix. Highly recommend it.

Started to watch Superstition, turned off after 25 mins. Just no. Everything was bad. Couple of actors who could act, the rest were like parodies of clichés.

Soldato
Back to Vikings, working through season 4, after getting through the first three seasons a couple of years ago (before S4 had appeared).

It's just as good as always, one of the best things I've watched.

Also watched through Bosch S4. I like Bosch a lot - it's no classic, but is still pretty great.

Associate
Finished The Following, & Bates Motel as planned. Decided to opt for an afternoon movie, but now I wish I could get that hour and a half of my life back :p

Watched, The Autopsy of Jane and whilst the plot had potential it was a dire film. The 'finding' could have been done sooner to actually give the plot some substance. None of the characters are memorable or developed, and it glossed over the lack of substance with jump scares.

I'd say, for me at least, it's likely in a few years time someone will put this on and I'll not recall having watched it until about 15-20mins in and then I'm looking for the remote to save us all from disappointment.

Associate
Finished McMafia. Really quite enjoyed it although I have mixed feelings about the way it ended, and don't feel the character arcs reflect what was protrayed. Going to palate cleanse with a couple of old films and then restart The Flash Season 2 (might have to brush up on the first season again though).

Soldato
Fancied a Hospital drama/comedy and decided on 'The Good Doctor' after seeing its IMDB score. I have no idea how it got such a high score as its pretty bad. Its like House MD, but not funny and House is played by a robot. I also don't know why I'm 15 episode in...

Hmm, i think I might have to rewatch House, that was a great show. Hopefully enough time has passed that I have forgot most of it.

Back
Top Bottom