What TV shows are you currently watching

Soldato
Re watched "The Expanse" if you haven't seen it and like attention to detail, atmosphere and sci-fi in a believable future setting, this is perfect. SO good that I bought all of the books it came from and read them back to back for 3 months, I haven't read a book for 20 years.... that's how good it was.

Soldato
Yeah, I'm watching Blacklist, it's quite a way in though now. Although it can be a little cheesy I think it's quite an under rated show. RR is a great character.

I enjoyed first few series but it's now just gone WAY beyond anything vaguely acceptable.

How many times can someone get shot at/nearly die/live, only to the have it happen again in the next episode. There must be 15-20 bad guys killed in each episode yet nothing said about it - no investigations.

The "task force" seem to have unlimited resources to do what they like and just carry on at will. Episode starts with strange happening, task force suddenly appear in some random place like Turkey hunting someone down, then next scene back in USA, then off again and appear in some other random place, all without any issues.

It was good, I love RR, but it's now got to the point where I just can't watch it any longer as it's sooooo cheesy.

Associate
Just started season 2 of The OA. Seems compelling as ever. Only 1 episode in but enjoyed it so far

I'd be keen to see/hear if this is an improvement on the first series. The original premise really intrigued me and the first couple of episodes were great but I felt it lost a lot of momentum as the series progressed. In the end it appeared to be about Interpretative Dance!!!!
I will give the second series a look but it's not high on my list at the moment.

Soldato
I'd be keen to see/hear if this is an improvement on the first series. The original premise really intrigued me and the first couple of episodes were great but I felt it lost a lot of momentum as the series progressed. In the end it appeared to be about Interpretative Dance!!!!
I will give the second series a look but it's not high on my list at the moment.

I do have a soft spot for Brit Marling. There is Dance in the second episode !

Soldato
Turn up Charlie on Netflix. Idris Elba comedy-ish series .

I'm enjoying it somewhat but, objectively , it's pretty crap.

Also recently started Peaky Blinders. I'd not bothered before, with it being a BBC series that friends & acquaintances who have poor taste have said was good. But it's great! I'm an episode into S2.

Caporegime
I have just watched Fauda on Netflix, it's really good thriller. Look it up it's worth it but whatever you do no watch it dubbed in English, stick on the subtitles and watch it in it's original language. Th dubbing is rubbish.

What he/she says. My Mrs got me on this recently and it's bloody great but no one seems to have heard of it. Portrays the struggles/war between militant Palestinians and some hard as nails task force in Israel. Not preachy and well done.

Man of Honour
I just binged Turn Up Charlie on Netflix. It started slow, some of the acting from the minor charactors was a bit wooden and the story a bit far fetches. But the acting of the main characters, including both Idris Elba and the little girl is great. It's a feel good story in many ways. Liked it a lot despite its flaws.

Soldato
Anyone else watch Derry Girls?

I only watched S1 a couple of months ago, and 'binged' (sort of - approx 1 per day) S2 over the last week, culminating in last night's finale.

It's such a great series. Really deserving of the hype. Highly recommend.

Associate
What's the Blu Ray version of Red Dwarf like? I've seen conflicting reviews with some saying the BBC botched the conversions up and you're better off sticking with the DVDs.
Id say they are a bit better than the dvd's, deffo not full hd tho. still looks old, you can get the set now for £32 from zoom

Soldato
About half way through the second series of "The OA" on Netflix (NF). Really impressed so far, according to the creators there is enough material for around five seasons, hoping that it gets renewed for the third.
Turn up Charlie (NF), really tried to continue with this one, but my goodness even with the inclusion of Idres Elba we find it very boring and difficult to watch.
About half way through season 3 of "The Expanse (Amazon). Just as engaging as the previous two seasons and almost up there with BSG.
Waiting for American Gods Season 2 to build up a little, in number of episodes, then I'll binge it. Not used to a series with an episode a week...!

Back
Top Bottom