What TV shows are you currently watching

Soldato
I downloaded all 6 episodes of “Hidden Assets” on Sunday a.m. and we watched 3 before Sunday night dinner, then the other 3 after dinner, it’s on BBC4.
remained good for final last night - well unusually didn't abandon series - ending a bit cliched - not overly dramatised, with usual filler character back stories/personal lives.
gave up on tourist, Trigger point/Screw didn't make it to starting gate, Series 5 of gommora's looking derivative, after ep 1, but will hang on.

Stacey Dooley's "Stalkers".

She interviews mainly the victims and some of the stalkers.

Was eye opening and quite horrifying.

Especially in getting an insight into the minds of mostly those, who just can't seem to take rejection.

They seem to justify it by thinking they are being romantic in their persuit.

Scary stuff.

Soldato
Just started.......The Woman in the House Across the Street from the Girl in the Window......off of netflix with Kristen bell. Isn't bad so far, it's a bit like Dead to Me in tone.
I just finished this...

I still dont know if its a comedy or not.

Not seen it but from an article I read online, it's supposed to be a self referential **** take of Netflix type content.

Soldato
I binged it all Saturday night, approx 4 hours for the whole season, shorter episodes was quite a refreshing change from the norm. I didn’t realise until the very end though that the whole thing was a satire, might have looked at it differently had I known. The fact it wasn’t obvious enough until the last couple of episodes suggests to me it didn’t quite hit the mark of full-on parody. Having said that, I enjoyed it though.

Soldato
Finished ep4, S4 of Cobra Kai - a bit pants, but sticking with it.

We're trying to stick with it too, but it just seems to have descended into ridiculousness now. I enjoyed series 1 and 2, but the 3rd and so far of this season has been a struggle. The fact it seems to be completely normal to assault someone in the name of karate and there be no backlash at all is comical!

Permabanned
Finished Afterlife last night. The worst kind of post Merchant Dirge from Gervais if I'm being honest. Seasons 1 and 2 had there moments but this season fell completely flat. His character more often the not becoming obnoxious and irritating whilst everyone around him continues to tell him how great he is. I just hate Gervais' writing at times. It can be so fawning and over written and often times quite amateurish.

Speaking of Stephen Merchant, we got through the first 2 eps of Four Lives on Saturday. Think it's a little overproduced at times and some of the performances are a little shaky but it nails the tone. Merchant himself is fantastic in it.

Soldato
Since I ran through everything I wanted to watch I ended up watch seasons 1 & 2 of Lost in Space. It's not good. Of course it's family entertainment so not aimed at me in anyway, but I think unless you're a 9 year old watching it on a Sunday afternoon, it's just bad. Doesn't mean it can't be watched up have to know what to expect.

It's like a sci-fi family version of Final destination that never ends except without any blood or death.

Raised by Wolves, this is some proper Sci-fi tv show. Only watched 4 episodes so far and loved everything so far.

Oh man. Just wait. I'm already laughing just thinking of it. I hope you report back once you've finished it. That being said, I'd still give the second season a go if it's still coming out next week.

Finished Afterlife last night. The worst kind of post Merchant Dirge from Gervais if I'm being honest.

Tried to watch this with someone whilst on lockdown back in 2020. Gave it a few episodes but found it pretty (insert four letter word here). The production seemed cheap in a way too. Something to do with the sound, silences, lighting and angles. There was no flow to it. Just a guy running (well he can't do any running) around being a ****.

Extras for me was the best thing Rick Gervais has done. This falls a long way short of that in terms in comedic value.

Just started.......The Woman in the House Across the Street from the Girl in the Window......off of netflix with Kristen bell. Isn't bad so far, it's a bit like Dead to Me in tone.

About to start this now. I read the book (Woman in the window) on passage a couple of years ago, then Netflix had that awful movie version. This seems like it should be a bit of fun. If it's like the Dead to Me.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
It is a show either the first episode is going to grab you or not - I doubt watching the rest will change your mind. Personally found it one of the better efforts in the genre.

Soldato
Station Eleven
7.5/10
Enjoyed this one. I like post-apocalyptic dramas, and although this was a slow burner and quite niche, usually finished the episode satisfied.

Back
Top Bottom