What TV shows are you currently watching

Soldato
Finished first season of Succession last night. Very good, great writing and characters....very watchable, despite the urge to push every member of the family off a bridge.

Making my way through Invasion on Apple TV too. Can't quite make up my mind. I like a slow burn, considered pace kinda show....but there's a lot of characters coming and going and it's not really coming together yet. Will see how it goes.

Associate
I was won over by the Prodigal Son with his dexterity in solving crimes. The humor there is good enough, and the meaning invested is clear enough. There are a lot of interesting and confusing cases in this show, which you want to solve together with the main characters. Great series! I even downloaded both seasons to my phone thanks to The Pirate Bay because I sometimes don't get internet on the subway and I want to have an interesting time on that transport, you know?

Last edited:
Permabanned
I was won over by the Prodigal Son with his finesse in solving crimes. The humor there is good enough, and the meaning invested is clear enough. There are a lot of interesting and intricate cases in this series that you want to solve together with the main characters. Great show!

Thought this was mostly a bag of arse, watched a handful then binned it. :cry:

Soldato
Finished first season of Succession last night. Very good, great writing and characters....very watchable, despite the urge to push every member of the family off a bridge.

I'm about 6 episodes in, so far finding myself empathising with Kendall over the others, they're all varying degrees of despicable and entertaining at the same time. Tom however is really grating on me, unbelievably so and want him to meet a bad end at some point.

Soldato
I think he becomes one of the most interesting characters as he develops. His relationship with Greg as fantastic and as it becomes more 'real' (the relationship and not that he's just abusing Greg) he's become one of my favourite characters.

Funny you say that, I find Greg my 2nd least favourite right now after Tom. The problem with Tom for me at the moment is he's so desperate to be a part of that family, the whole artifice of his personality is so blatant and on display, it's uncomfortable. I get it's deliberate but right now, I find any scenes with him and especially Greg at the same time, borderline tiresome viewing.

However Greg is slowly revealing he's not the idiot he seemed to be at the start so there is scope for growth.

Soldato
I'm about 6 episodes in, so far finding myself empathising with Kendall over the others, they're all varying degrees of despicable and entertaining at the same time. Tom however is really grating on me, unbelievably so and want him to meet a bad end at some point.

That's what makes it so watchable....the whole family are utterly loathsome, spoiled cretins, but there's loads of threads and relationship dynamics going on. Kendal you sympathise with a little because although he's a useless ****, he's also trying desperately hard to live up to his dad's expectations.

I thought the unrelenting awfulness of the characters would become a drag, but the writing's so good it works.

Associate
Finished watching Season 1 to 3 of Formula 1: Drive to Survive. Not a bad watch. I thought it was a just a bunch of expensive motors driving around a circuit but this shows gives a good brief insight of the struggles of it.

Soldato
Reacher on Prime. 5 episodes in and think it’s great, really close to the book the series is based on and excellent casting for the role of Jack Reacher himself.

Soldato
Still going on Invasion.

I mean, it's bad. So overly earnest it's almost hilarious......yet I find myself strangely compelled to keep watching...

Maybe I just like the sedative effect while relaxing in the evening...nothing much happens each episode.

Soldato
Has anyone watched Murderville? Initially the idea (I think the celebrity is not given a script and must just improv based on the rest of the cast as they try and solve a murder?) sounded pretty awful, but watching the trailer, it does look kinda fun?

Soldato
Has anyone watched Murderville? Initially the idea (I think the celebrity is not given a script and must just improv based on the rest of the cast as they try and solve a murder?) sounded pretty awful, but watching the trailer, it does look kinda fun?

I saw a few episodes of the British original - Murder in Successville, with Tom Davis - and enjoyed it a lot. Worried about some of the celebs on this version not having the comedic chops to handle the improv aspect of it though. Will try it at some point, but might try to watch the rest of the original first (think it was on BBC3).

Soldato
Just a few episodes into Reacher on Amazon, but knew straight away, this is my kind of TV show. Very good so far. Also working through into the second season of Parenthood. I looked it up because I've become a bit of a Dax Shepard fan, but it's rated well on IMDb so giving it a whirl. Not sure what it reminds me of, Thirty Something, or a slightly more modern day Waltons? Quite good, easy watching, but quite emotional at times.

Back
Top Bottom