What TV shows are you currently watching

Soldato
Animal Kingdom - flew under the radar and was recommended by a friend all seasons are on Amazon, fantastic show set in the outskirts of LA about a family invested in crime and surfing very well written and a spot on cast 9/10. Get the Point Break vibes from it.

Just hit season 5 and it's gone 10/10

Last edited:
Soldato
That reminds me, finished 3 Body Problem last night. It's okay, but for me there is too much not explained and rather unlikely. Like -

They say the aliens can't read their thoughts, but how were they implanting the countdown in their vision?
I didn't get how they were going to take 400 years to arrive, but they could communicate with zero lag?
Maybe I didn't get the whole 4 micro thingies, two pairs... that are supposed to be everywhere all at once? Cause even that sounds a little silly, no? How did they get here instantly from 400 light years away?
How were they hacking cars autonomous driving?
Sending the brain to the aliens, did I miss how they knew what direction to send the brain in? How do they know where the Aliens are?

There just seemed too much of these things having god like vision and control, but they are 400 light years away?

I'll ask that in the 3BP thread, as maybe I'm just not getting it.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Finished Shogun, thoroughly enjoyed that. Binged Silo with the Mrs, she’s now reading the books, we both loved it. One more episode of Fallout to watch then a break I think until May gives us some new stuff; Clarkson’s Farm, Dark Matter, Demon Slayer.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Suspicion on Apple TV.

For the life of me I cant remember where I have seen the actress at Oxford uni..... GOT it Agents of Shield !!

Last edited:
Caporegime
Had a break after starting the 3rd series of Fargo, but took the plunge and resumed watching the other night.

Really enjoying this series as well, it picked up surprisingly for me around the third or fourth episode.
The earlier episodes were decent enough, but a hard act to follow given how strong the first two series were.

Man of Honour
Fallout, 5 episodes in and I'm enjoying it and it's grown on my wife.

Also watching Black Bird and we're two out of six episodes in and this definitely got me invested from the off.

Soldato
Animal Kingdom
I think this is one of those shows people either get or they don't - didn't really click with me - I just had no investment in anything going on.
Yeah, I'm about 5 eps in and not sure. I'm kind of enjoying it, but it seems to be treading water a little already, trying to make drama out of the family relationships which I'm not really invested in at this point. I struggle to have empathy when people are just making stupid decisions too. Like Craig(?) just robbed his girl cause he thought she was dead. Then she's not. I mean, why would you not make any kind of check?

Soldato
Yeah, I'm about 5 eps in and not sure. I'm kind of enjoying it, but it seems to be treading water a little already, trying to make drama out of the family relationships which I'm not really invested in at this point. I struggle to have empathy when people are just making stupid decisions too. Like Craig(?) just robbed his girl cause he thought she was dead. Then she's not. I mean, why would you not make any kind of check?
Early doors, it gets better. To be Frank Pope put me off at first as he's just odd, that changes... and it felt like it was just in fighting in the family but I stuck with it and as it progresses it matures don't get me wrong some of it is dull (everything with J's girlfriend) but for me the high points out weigh that.

Last edited:
Soldato
After joining the club late watching True Detectives we've just finished watching S4. S1 was excellent and watched S4 as it was supposed to have references from S1, enjoyed it but thought it was a bit slow and nowhere near as good as S1. Not sure if we'll watch S2/3 as I've heard they're not as good.

Soldato
Series 3 is great, really recommend it. Series 2 isn’t great, but I wouldn’t say it’s the complete disaster some make it out to be. I still think it’s better than 4 which I rate the worst.

Back
Top Bottom