What was the first game you ever played?

Associate
OMG at the nostagia seeing that tomytronic, forgot that game.

Anyone ever have a casio watch that also played a game?
I had this car racing game : (worth some £££ these days!)

Soldato
My brother is 12 years older than I am, so growing up I got to play with his gadgets and old toys. I think I was about 3-4 years old when I started messing around on his Atari 2600, I still have fond memories of River Raid.

maxresdefault.jpg

He had a bunch of other games for it, but that's the one that stood out. He also ended up getting a Spectrum ZX and later an Atari ST, I think I probably spent more time playing with them than he did.

Soldato
The first game I ever played was Chuckie Egg on my friends ZX Spectrum around 1986/87

48491061441_ac7424e428.jpg

The first game I ever played on my own machine (CPC 464) was a game called Tai-Pan in 1988.
The game was about trading tea, jade, and silk in the China Seas based in the 1840s. It could be played in a variety of ways; either as a mostly peaceful trader or as a pirate. All I remember doing was taking out loans from the bank and then betting it to win more money to buy better supplies and ships. A great example for a 9 year old :D

Soldato
Omg, I had that Tomy Tronic and that Casio watch. They are still at my parent's in the loft. Does that make me old? :o

The first computer game I remember playing was Rocket Raid on our BBC B (still have that too). I must have been 5 years old and I thought it was amazing, if also stupidly hard. Actually all these games were quite hard - The Last Ninja, Strykers Run 1&2 (Codename Droid). I also remember ploughing many hours into Elite. Back then you couldn't save the game and your progress. Young 'uns just don't know they're born :D

Associate
I would guess pac man on the Atari 2600. Our neighbour had one and that is the first game I played I would guess I was 3 or 4. We later got a spectrum for Xmas 1984

Soldato
The first computer I had was a Vic 20, and the game I remember was a very primitive racing game, where the road was defined by just white posts along the sides. Can't remember what it was called at all. It was on cartridge rather than tape - we did have some games on tape, but get the Vic 20 second hand with no instructions, and none of us had the faintest idea how to load them!

Done a bit of searching, and I think it was this game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvbdigCM9GI

Underboss
Astro Wars - I played it nonstop.

It was nostalgic looking up the below clip but I'm amazed this game captivated me for so long considering the repetiveness. Simpler times, I guess, when every new bit of tech felt like it couldn't possibly be improved upon.

But this got left to gather dust when I had finished saving for my zx81 with ram pack!

i tried to buy one of this last year again, off the bay, to get one is decent condition is a lot of money now, wish i kept mine :(
i love this game

Soldato
wish i kept mine :(
i love this game
Same - i gave mine to my younger brother and it probably got binned after that :/

i tried to buy one of this last year again, off the bay, to get one is decent condition is a lot of money now
Good idea - how much were they asking?

*i have an uneasy feeling this is a prime symptom of getting older...

What's worse is that i took the kids to the science museum and they had the ZX81 and ZX Spectrum as exhibits - early examples of home computers (admittedly they are). Yep, my kids wont be letting me forget that any time soon.

Back
Top Bottom