What was your first proper PC case?

Soldato
My first proper case was an Antec P160 I bought around 2005. It was all for looks as it was terrible for cooling! My i7 was reaching 90 degrees even with an after market cooler.
I wouldnt have described it as a 'proper' case TBH. I owned one briefly & hated it. No end of problems. 1st 'proper case' as far as I'm concerned that I owned was a Silverstone TJ08 back in 2006.

Soldato
I had an Antec case too that I think was based on the Chieftec Dragon (or vice versa). Can’t remember the model number as it was so long ago but it was made from solid steel and weighed a fricking ton. Brilliant case with rounded edges inside and drive cages neither of which were on any previous cases I’d owned. The only negative was that it only took 80mm fans as 120mm ones were very rare at the time.

EDIT: it was 1080AMG

Associate
My first proper case was an Antec P160 I bought around 2005. It was all for looks as it was terrible for cooling! My i7 was reaching 90 degrees even with an after market cooler

Me too, bloody loved it ;)

Soldato
Something by NZXT that was excellent at giving me hot leg and not much else, second one also NZXT, much better. Been on Corsair Obsidian's ever since and never looked back.

Soldato
First PC build I did was in a NZXT Phantom 820 (outside of tweaks to few OEM Dell machines we brought as a family), I did not really understand what I was doing at the time brought it based on looks online, it was absolutely massive and overkill for my small rig at the time :D so replaced with In Win Tou which I use to date. Brother did take Phantom though and used it for about 5 or so years before also downsizing.

Man of Honour
The earliest I remember the name of was the cooler master cosmos sport or some such. Ridiculous case, huge filtered side fan, touch on/off/reset, huge inside for pretty much anything you needed to do with it. Weighed an absolute tonne.

Soldato
Classic beige Chieftec Dragon full tower, modded a fan into the roof, modded the psu mount to flip the psu and modded the hard drives to sit in the space below the moved psu. Still have it the garage. Thinking of renting it out to a couple of Ukrainian refugees. The Dragon that is, not the garage, although could maybe fit a couple more in there too.

Soldato
I had numerous beige cases for years, my first PC that I owned that wasn’t a family computer was from TIME with an Athlon 700 with a Creative TNT 2 Ultra I bought separately.

My first proper case that I remember was Coolermaster 201 a couple of years after that. Still the greatest case and I don’t intend on selling it ever. Although I don’t use it for my current systems, I do like building in it now and then :)

Back
Top Bottom