What was your first proper PC case?

Akasa Eclipse which was first case used for full custom build from scratch.
Had an AT case long before that which was a pre-build. Anyone old enough to remember Time Computers? It was a Time Machine Pentium P100. Some time later the case was used for an AMD something or other build I think and another build which I think was Intel based.
Also had a Dell XPS 720 but due to bespoke form factor wasn't really upgradable. A quality but rather heavy case.
Still have the Akasa but it's not in use.

My first proper case was the Globalwin 802. Ocuk must have sold hundreds of these cases back in the day, they even got them in Black with custom blowholes cut.
I still have three of them stashed away.

Then came the Lian-Li PC-60. I liked that so much I bought the optional window side panel for it. Then I kind of went mad and bought three PC65's - window panel came as standard.

I have more modern Lian-Li cases but they are not the same, the pc65 is my favorite.

I still have fond memories of my full tower Chieftec Dragon case in Purple.
I wonder how todays components would have performed inside it these days?

Globalwin 802 to house my new Athlon Thunderbird build from OCUK

Same case, in beige with custom blowholes and some black car stripes down the sides. Mine also had an Abit KT7-Raid with a Thunderbird and a Global win FOP32 (screamer) stuck on top! I miss that old system :(

Everything came from OCUK. Seems like an age ago now.

80mm fans are frighteningly loud. Those cases were the original Alienware back in 2000/1/2.
I think this case chassis also formed the backbone of the Antec Plusview 1000AMG. That was one hell of a hunk of metal lol! A fully loaded system was just too much. It was insane to just move about the same room let alone go anywhere else with it lol. Was a good case but the paintjob was too fragile.

Back
Top Bottom