What watch do you wear?

Associate
I agree with that, as I've gotten older I've moved away from busy dials. My first watches I thought more was better :D. As far as a chrono goes this is subdued and I like it. Many people won't like the day / date complication but I've always liked those.

The other thing I go for is practicality, a solid and well known movement that I think any watchmaker worth their salt knows and can easily source parts for with a watchcase that I can wear everyday and just not worry about too much. The one thing that I dislike about Junghans (and I do really like them) is so many of their watches have low water resistance ratings and this one has more than I'll ever need.

Associate
Very happy with it. Presented in a very nice box. Strap will need some time to loosen up.

y4mBIOuLGFKr-d2Yb2Aeb12CJriBExIMVzfjSe6Y5xGJkGR8KoIdCdPJ9qivGIQf13ttrT_owRcA6-a2nE0ubvLxzd6XHXNifqkGXGy5J_Ozb4u_9pqQSN4ywnEIMaHDjXV0IPOAm4ODR2fXDpqxJqjXqMGGWAc3ni8IZwk8jpJYngCOnk9vzqq_qLf6oOlbVAo

y4mxNIqhf2HXqrM0RDCPo0JPIRim4k4rjsz1haNgCLYmO6wLeADGNbt4ibPmhcYmarUf-FEhmldFXTZN64RGdd7E374-4fXsHcCXPQYZpUlSksXYVJEeCAS14pU2yVyqvg9wS2CA7rjbz-qZdwxthBwauk-dnECTJhOx_rsnMF3sQcZv_jDY8kMX6yHh5JtgFcB

y4mNlA9QMIk7WI4CKBeLQ6LZuFgsYwto7ktofVYym9o5oifsi8FVMIe3kM1fmpTMTu6eB4DDSLfJVr1BSIINq7Liz_9RYZtVWdDSf8aGkq5imJdpIaHDYXURzcBB80Kl8veh1m6o19ZcppTOn-QyvuPMhilu2sJuwLvcheXO1VK6ZysIQk2zOGbpauTPWq5CbpQ

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Ah thought you were gonna go for the perforrated strap, that would have been my choice personally for that bit of breathability and style :cool:

Still, very nice!

Is the lume actually blue or green? Their page shows photo of it being green but the spec says it's BGW9 which is blue, so wondering which it actually is since my Coniston Speed edition had blue lume which was indeed BGW9.

Associate
I hate to do this to you (potentially pick at your new toy that is) but is the 2 in the 12 misaligned? Or is it just me being a plumb?

It is a beautiful design though.

Soldato
Damn, that is nice @BadMojo

I am seriously tempted by one of these. It's so unique looking, has an almost art deco feel about it, but stylish and modern all at once.

Ah thought you were gonna go for the perforrated strap, that would have been my choice personally for that bit of breathability and style :cool:

Still, very nice!

Is the lume actually blue or green? Their page shows photo of it being green but the spec says it's BGW9 which is blue, so wondering which it actually is since my Coniston Speed edition had blue lume which was indeed BGW9.

For this edition they changed the lume colour from blue to green. Thumbs up from me, eyes detect green brighter than any other colour, green moat of goodness!

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Just checked my Coniston photos and the 2 is aligned with the 1 so yeah sadly that does look like a little fault. Send a message to Marloe they will sort it fairly quickly. Good thing I found with them is the excellent customer service. You may well get a free strap out of it like I did when I had to send the Morar back for repair.

Associate
Unfortunately I think you're right. Stock photos look very much aligned. :(
Just checked my Coniston photos and the 2 is aligned with the 1 so yeah sadly that does look like a little fault. Send a message to Marloe they will sort it fairly quickly. Good thing I found with them is the excellent customer service. You may well get a free strap out of it like I did when I had to send the Morar back for repair.

:(

At least the customer support is there!

Associate

Still, very nice!

Green. I've taken a couple of shots with my S21 Ultra, one of which is using night mode, so hopefully it can capture the colour accurately.

I very nearly bought the perforated strap version, changing my mind several times, but decided it was a little too 'sporty' for what I was am anticipating future instances of wear to be.

I see what you mean about the 2 in the 12. It's almost as if the 2 is in bold, but the 1 isn't. It changes every time I look at it now! :D

I've taken a look at the stock photos and they seem to be inconsistent - some look spot on, some don't. I'll look at it again tomorrow, with less tired eyes.

y4m3uBtvxeXLlGlRyjq6wJti7cfGrHGICnUqwRDbQbSIrSB1A3QT60ZwIql6P6zW3x8uVEvbn1AAJRvcZ10qDnapdyuCt1_H7M_8trfamBoW3KwSUQw0Gzq5Zm1JN9nUCf0REKf437d7pYv6Y6jam3XtQMAWPRpEtxQllxJcNc5JQ54kNDSdUubIv6FlWI_JPkk

y4mAPy0lt1En7wGTFbOr1GT2Fen9ZXucKLIlkI-9AOW81XzDrIUbQXN4k4Z-6PLqnHRO8HacYrS3oCj8e866tCng4bV-H7g7MVbGEf6mkoI1pDl11cgPWNgbQbn6_8OdRqyzbh2zctRtn3Yf93E4Rgxg-NU-jsQ9ryNGONVQuhflWBltJz_PxZ6NH__vqYJdeAu

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Nice how long does it stay that bright before tailing off to a dimmer glow? The Speed edition was a few minutes and then you had to be in darkness with dark adjusted eyes to see see it properly. I am assuming this green lume is C3 as opposed to C1 so should remain bright for a bit longer but if they kept the same low level of layering of the compound then it may well have the same longevity and brightness as BGW9 I guess. If it's still on sale by Xmas time I might get the black edition too as did enjoy that watch and only sold to put funds toward the Baltics.

Speaking of which... Rate my DIY!

Had to do some modding today as have been on the computer all day with WFH and then working on my own stuff, that amount of time sat at a desk I realised the Baltic bronze buckle was digging into my wrist causing discomfort after some time. Very sharp cut corners. Used a sanding scotch pad but left some scratches on the finish so smoothed those out with a finer grain pad afterward. I think the result is quite good. Any remaining scoring marks will be hidden by the time patina sets in although bronze is meant to have marks and stuff anyway for that used and weathered aesthetic :D

It's the bottom end in the pics below where the strap attaches:

buckle_smoothing_2.jpg

buckle_smoothing_3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom