What watch do you wear?

Not sure why people are bothered by accuracy that much to be honest. As long as it doesn't lose or gain more than 5 seconds or so a day.

I did have a citizen radio controlled watch years back and the tech was kinda cool though :)
I'm not too stressed about it (unless I'm catching trains) but at the same time watches are for timekeeping so it's nice when you get one that does it very well. I think I got a good Pelagos- I set it at Christmas, and by the time the clocks went back end of March it had lost 5 seconds.

I have three Citizen Atomic Eco Drives. It still makes me giggle to see three second hands ticking in absolute sync!

I'm not too stressed about it (unless I'm catching trains) but at the same time watches are for timekeeping so it's nice when you get one that does it very well. I think I got a good Pelagos- I set it at Christmas, and by the time the clocks went back end of March it had lost 5 seconds.

I have three Citizen Atomic Eco Drives. It still makes me giggle to see three second hands ticking in absolute sync!
That's pretty good accuracy for an automatic!

I think my zenith is losing about 1-2 seconds a day currently, which is pretty good going.

Where do you guys buy your leather watch straps? Watchgecko seems the obvious choice but almost £70 for a strap seems excessive. Any other options?

Last edited:

These two got added recently.

I just bought my son the blue version of the 2100 MNG
Could be the start of collecting G-Shocks - Casio make so many good looking models now ! :)

He also like these too:
  • GA2100SRS : Clear beach timelapse
  • The grey version of GA-2300

53810026236_0fdb28d2d0_b.jpg

Part of me really loves the look of this, but then another part of me thinks why would I spend £300+ on it when I can already wear the real thing. Plus with them being made entirely of plastic I'm guessing they have hardly any weight to them, and I prefer something a bit heavier tbh. Hmm. Does look gret though, especially on that strap.

Screenshot-2024-06-23-124033.png

Last edited:
Part of me really loves the look of this, but then another part of me thinks why would I spend £300+ on it when I can already wear the real thing. Plus with them being made entirely of plastic I'm guessing they have hardly any weight to them, and I prefer something a bit heavier tbh. Hmm. Does look gret though, especially on that strap.

They are simply very cheaply made plastic watches that have been given a novelty look and marketing to help maximise their sales.

I get why they are popular but I would rather buy a used Seiko, Steinheart, Helson, Armida or Orient for that money

I just bought my son the blue version of the 2100 MNG
Could be the start of collecting G-Shocks - Casio make so many good looking models now ! :)

He also like these too:
  • GA2100SRS : Clear beach timelapse
  • The grey version of GA-2300

53810026236_0fdb28d2d0_b.jpg

Where are you all getting the G-shock Mangas from. They were sold out instantly when I tried to get one. Getting FOMO now LOL

Haha

---

My Speedy, the King Seiko strap has "gone". A shame but I think my wrist has fattened up causing it to inadvertently be stretched out.

Speaking of which, I've just added an extra link into my BB58.

Have you tried one on? My mate has one, they really are what you expect. Flimsy and cheap feeling although I agree, they do look good.

Yep - a sign of the times.
Many product releases are limited availability these days, and if you've not got your finger on the pulse, or decide you would like something after it's exact release time, then the flipper market is the only option.

Last edited:
I hate the word "Grail", however I will say I've lusted after a (flake of snow*) for a long time. I find Spring Drive mesmerising, and I think it's a really unique and innovative approach to mechanical watches. Problem is they usually seem to have an "icon" tax applied to them secondhand. Anyway I finally found one that seemed decent and negotiated a very reasonable price, including authentication and free returns. It turned up today and I'm stunned, it's really "Like new"- only the usual scuff marks on the clasp scissor betray any signs of use. It even came sized perfectly for me out of the box.

Given GS bracelets seem to attract a lot of hate, I was prepared to swap it out for a strap- I know Titanium feels too lightweight to some, but honestly the bracelet feels fantastic to me, so it'll be staying on.

I'm super happy, and I can't think of any other watches I really desire, at least for the moment.

gs1.jpeg

* It seems like the full word is somehow taboo here. We must have a lot of them!

Last edited:
I hate the word "Grail", however I will say I've lusted after a (flake of snow*) for a long time. I find Spring Drive mesmerising, and I think it's a really unique and innovative approach to mechanical watches. Problem is they usually seem to have an "icon" tax applied to them secondhand. Anyway I finally found one that seemed decent and negotiated a very reasonable price, including authentication and free returns. It turned up today and I'm stunned, it's really "Like new"- only the usual scuff marks on the clasp scissor betray any signs of use. It even came sized perfectly for me out of the box.

Given GS bracelets seem to attract a lot of hate, I was prepared to swap it out for a strap- I know Titanium feels too lightweight to some, but honestly the bracelet feels fantastic to me, so it'll be staying on.

I'm super happy, and I can't think of any other watches I really desire, at least for the moment.

gs1.jpeg

* It seems like the full word is somehow taboo here. We must have a lot of them!
Well that's awesome, congrats, lovely watch

Back
Top Bottom