What watch do you wear?

Associate
Oof - I dropped my lovely Nomos Orion on to a hard surface... it's stopped working and the winding mechanism just winds and winds without starting the watch...

Is it worth me contacting them to get it repaired directly or am I okay going to reputable watch place, e.g. Watches of Switzerland to get it fixed? Any idea re cost, probably a few hundred depending how buggered it is?

Associate
Oof - I dropped my lovely Nomos Orion on to a hard surface... it's stopped working and the winding mechanism just winds and winds without starting the watch...

Is it worth me contacting them to get it repaired directly or am I okay going to reputable watch place, e.g. Watches of Switzerland to get it fixed? Any idea re cost, probably a few hundred depending how buggered it is?

Nomos only offer a 2 year warranty I think, so I'd go based on price seeing as you don't have a long warranty to maintain, unless you have a local place you know. I'd use a place in Nottingham as I know the quality of their work and I'd be quite happy with that.

Worth contacting them but they'll want you to send it in to give you a quote!

Soldato

If WoS are Nomos dealers then they may be able to arrange something with Nomos. They'll likely charge extra for facilitating the service though.

I'd contact Nomos directly first, then see what they suggest and if they have any service agents in the UK.

Soldato
Steinhart, although they are looked down upon by the watch snobs. i dont really care, they can go play with their safe queen that doesnt leave the house incase it gets a scratch

Soldato
Nothing wrong with steinhart ! :) show us what you got

I have had more upmarket ones in the past

003.jpg

005.jpg

036.jpg

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
The BB36 would be perfect if they used some AR coating on the glass... Every single photo I have seen of a real world scene with a 36 in it has shown glare or that classic washed out look which just looks not-so premium especially at this price IMO. It's a watch I've almost bought many tmes but every time I search around for more real world photos I just close the tab and go back to normal business :o

It costs £50 extra (to the customer) to have a premium quality heavily AR coated sapphire in a watch so there really is no excuse.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I do want one still, just without a date window :D

I am still not over this, every time the heat blue hands catch the light just can't stop looking at it... And best of all it doubles as a dress watch too without looking off.

dress_watch.jpg

wristshot_nightdesk_20210618_211214_1.jpg

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
A bronze bracelet... That's gonna be interesting to see patina and how many have skin irritation!. New bracelet clasp system too, sort of middle ground between Glide Lock and the Pelago's self adjusting one. Interesting.

Soldato
A bronze bracelet... That's gonna be interesting to see patina and how many have skin irritation!. New bracelet clasp system too, sort of middle ground between Glide Lock and the Pelago's self adjusting one. Interesting.
The clasp is what interests me the most. I feel like mine could do with a few more micro adjustment options..I just hope they offer the steel bracelets with this new option at some point.

Does brass cause skin irritation ? Didn’t realise this.

Caporegime
Oh wow that is one unique watch... guessing due to the limited availability that it will become a collectors item.

The clasp is what interests me the most. I feel like mine could do with a few more micro adjustment options..I just hope they offer the steel bracelets with this new option at some point.

Does brass cause skin irritation ? Didn’t realise this.
Apparently so... Why You Should Stop Buying Brass Jewelry (romadesignerjewelry.com)

Soldato
Just read on the Tudor website that it uses a “high performance aluminium bronze” so maybe it won’t cause irritation because of the added aluminium ?

Caporegime
Just read on the Tudor website that it uses a “high performance aluminium bronze” so maybe it won’t cause irritation because of the added aluminium ?

That could well be the case, Tudor are an innovative company who take care of a lot of practicalities and I am admittedly pretty ignorant on the topic of metal allergies!

Soldato
That could well be the case, Tudor are an innovative company who take care of a lot of practicalities and I am admittedly pretty ignorant on the topic of metal allergies!
Same here. I don’t know anything at all about metal allergies. :p this watch is a boutique only model so I won’t even have chance to see one let alone buy one :D unless it becomes orderable off the internet.

A3643-D93-6-D90-48-C5-9231-D7573-CD4-CE23.jpg

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour

Hmm it just sounds like marketing speak to seem different to the rest. They also said the silver BB would wear gracefully etc but 2 months on and we've already seen the yellowing on examples.

Unless they give more detail then it's just CuAL8 which is also used by other makers and was the same alloy used in the Baltic Bronze I had. It's nice but has that deep rose gold hue out the box which then ages at a longer rate than CuSn8 and other alloys. It's one of the more corrosion resistant bronzes but will still patina unless a treatment is applied to stop further patina beyond a set amount like what Stowa do.

Associate
That bronze bracelet would set my skin right off. Wouldn't wear a white shirt with it either as it'll end up green, along with your wrist, unless you clean it all the time to stop the patina from forming, in which case the point of the bronze is kind of defeated.

I'd love to see it not do any of that though.

Back
Top Bottom