What watch do you wear?

Soldato
Which one would you choose...First cost £80 and the other £500.. I would choose the first every time, because the other looks very plain, plus you want others to notice....

x67EcOy.jpg

3MVJhEN.jpg
So yeah if anyone wants the 2nd watch for about £200, your more than welcome, as I have both,lol

Last edited:
Soldato
To be fair, that bulova does have some historical relevance, it's a 'moonwatch' (apollo 15) although not quite the same as an omega.

Personally I wear my watches for me, not for other people, and while I've gone through the 'in your face' watch phase I've luckily stayed away from buying them :p

That lorus and the gold one look rather ugly to me.

Associate
I think the Bulova Moon watch is great, its on my to buy list. Looked at a Hamilton Khaki Pilot Pioneer today but Lack of AR or very little on the crystal really put me off.

Been wearing this mostly! Seiko SRP685J1 World timer.

748722zv53v61.jpg

Associate
Received the Omega and Eone today and yesterday, will keep an eye out for a strap that takes my liking for the Omega and will get it cleaned up at some point too;

I78tiD4.jpeg

Eone was slightly impulsive, saw a picture of it on another website and it took my interest, so thought i'd take a lump at it as something extremely different in the rotation!
The Eone looks interesting, I quite like that actually and I don't really go for the more unusual designs.

Soldato
Dude... the Bulova is leaps and bounds above that Lorus. It has history. It's not a mechanical movement like the original was but it still carries weight and is a very interesting piece. Highly accurate quartz movement. I was eyeing it up before I got my Speedmaster. I'd go for the non date version with the older logo design. Sometimes I think I'd still fancy it in my collection, I am tempted to continue a space theme.

Man of Honour
Hmm continuing the military theme of my collection, I have eyed up either a Marathon 36mm diver or the GPM field watch they do: https://civtac.uk/collections/mecha...on-general-purpose-mechanical-stainless-steel

The diver has an SW-200-1 whilst the field has the ETA 2801. I'm leaning toward teh field more because of the no date dial but the arctic dial on the diver is very nice have to say.

Nice seeing the Military codes all printed on the back too, these were watches made for US/overseas militaries in the 80s. The field has a unique case shape for a field too which looks kind of cool I think and the Tritium tubes are cool too.

Need to decide...

Last edited:
Soldato
To be fair, that bulova does have some historical relevance, it's a 'moonwatch' (apollo 15) although not quite the same as an omega.

Personally I wear my watches for me, not for other people, and while I've gone through the 'in your face' watch phase I've luckily stayed away from buying them :p.

I wear watches because I like them, not for the name or how much they cost.. And surely if your buying a expensive watch, you want others to notice it...... Its no good having to tell people it cost whatever, for them to notice?

Man of Honour
I wear watches because I like them, not for the name or how much they cost.. And surely if your buying a expensive watch, you want others to notice it...... Its no good having to tell people it cost whatever, for them to notice?

I think the point was for want of a better term, those Lorus are rancid looking, they look like what they cost, and feel it too :p

Anyway, why would you want people to notice an expensive watch? Why do you need their validation that you bought a watch that cost a lot?

Seems like the total wrong reasons for buying a watch that is a bit pricey really. Personally I'd rather nobody notice my watch, but those that do are the people that are actually into watches and know what they're looking at so can have a meaningful conversation about rather than a meaningless one, which is what it would be if someone recognised a flashy Rolex/Omega etc most of the time.

Man of Honour

I wear my two watches because I like them too, they are both as close to the thickness of a razor blade as I could get.
They both have leather straps and uncluttered dials, they don’t tell me the temperature in Samarkand, or the time in Salem, OR, and I don’t care if people notice them or not, and the very last thing I’d do is say, “See this, how much do you think I paid for it?, go on, guess.”

Soldato
Why do I need people to notice my watches, that's just inviting theft, and if I need to boast about what I have in front of my peers then I'm hanging out with the wrong people imo.

Hmm continuing the military theme of my collection, I have eyed up either a Marathon 36mm diver or the GPM field watch they do: https://civtac.uk/collections/mecha...on-general-purpose-mechanical-stainless-steel

The diver has an SW-200-1 whilst the field has the ETA 2801. I'm leaning toward teh field more because of the no date dial but the arctic dial on the diver is very nice have to say.

Nice seeing the Military codes all printed on the back too, these were watches made for US/overseas militaries in the 80s. The field has a unique case shape for a field too which looks kind of cool I think and the Tritium tubes are cool too.

Need to decide...

Don't you have a load of 'field' watches already, maybe it's time to mix it up with a diver :p

Soldato
I think the point was for want of a better term, those Lorus are rancid looking, they look like what they cost, and feel it too :p

Anyway, why would you want people to notice an expensive watch? Why do you need their validation that you bought a watch that cost a lot?

Seems like the total wrong reasons for buying a watch that is a bit pricey really. Personally I'd rather nobody notice my watch, but those that do are the people that are actually into watches and know what they're looking at so can have a meaningful conversation about rather than a meaningless one, which is what it would be if someone recognised a flashy Rolex/Omega etc most of the time.

Why do I need people to notice my watches, that's just inviting theft, and if I need to boast about what I have in front of my peers then I'm hanging out with the wrong people imo.

Don't you have a load of 'field' watches already, maybe it's time to mix it up with a diver :p

I dont really know much about watches, so any watch I buy is because I like the look of them.. This person I know goes on the price, as he bought 1 for £1500 because its stupidly accurate and it was the watch that was taken on the moon or some rubbish like that... But it looks so dam plain and not £1500 in the slightest, I just dont get it?

I am in a wheelchair and this might sound odd, but people think Ive got a screw loose(or I think they do) and even more so because I have a speech impediment, so they might not think all these untrue thoughts if they notice the watch... I guess its a confidence thing with me.

Last edited:
Soldato
I dont really know much about watches, so any watch I buy is because I like the look of them..
that's the primary reason most of us (at least in this thread) buy their watches.... although knowing a little about watches and how they're made etc can educate your choices towards 'better options' in the long run.

This person I know goes on the price, as he bought 1 for £1500 because its stupidly accurate and it was the watch that was taken on the moon or some rubbish like that... But it looks so dam plain and not £1500 in the slightest, I just dont get it?
to your friend it likely isn't plain and the accuracy and the fact it was taken to the moon matters to him, it wouldn't to me personally but to each their own. If we all liked the same watch there wouldn't be so many to chose from :)

I am in a wheelchair and this might sound odd, but people think Ive got a screw loose(or I think they do) and even more so because I have a speech impediment, so they might not think all these untrue thoughts if they notice the watch... I guess its a confidence thing with me.
If it makes you feel happier then there's no reason for you to change your choices in watches but honestly if people are judging you based on the watch you wear they're the ones with the screw loose imo. Having said that you can still go for 'cleaner' watches which can stand out by picking ones with less common or vibrant colour dials.

Soldato
I recently bought a black bay 58 - for me, not for others. I couldn’t give two hoots weather they notice it on me or not.

Back
Top Bottom