What watch do you wear?

Associate
The Oris is still running +1 sec an hour since I tried the demagnetiser so looks like I’m sending it in. Thanks @mrk for the suggestion anyway.

Soldato
Managed to try on the 41mm Aqua Terra today. Really torn on choosing between bracelet and the rubber strap with deployment clasp. It actually wears much smaller than expected.

Any idea on how much Goldsmiths would typically discount Omega in stock items?

Associate
Managed to try on the 41mm Aqua Terra today. Really torn on choosing between bracelet and the rubber strap with deployment clasp. It actually wears much smaller than expected.

Any idea on how much Goldsmiths would typically discount Omega in stock items?

I used to avoid getting the bracelet if I wasn't super keen on it, but over time I think that getting the bracelet is the better idea, swapping a different strap on later. Buying an OEM bracelet after the fact can work out very expensive sometimes.

Soldato
As above, if I can get the watch on a bracelet I've pretty much always bought the bracelet version because quite simply put it's far cheaper to buy a leather/rubber strap afterwards than it is to get an oem bracelet afterwards. I actually prefer bracelets in most cases so it's a net gain for me lol.

If the watch is a 'long term' purchase you'll likely end up replacing a strap at some point anyway.

Soldato
Worth an ask on Aqua Terras but when I asked for discount on the Seamaster NTD I was told Omega are clamping down on discounts in the wake of Rolex-unobtainium.

Soldato
Probably a good shout on bracelet. Any thoughts on discount. I can probably just try Ernest Jones and make an offer as well, see if one or f them buckles. £4100 for a £4900 list unrealistic for Omega?
Most websites seem to offer at least a 10% discount if you 'sign up'... I know ernest jones used to do that, but they also don't sell every watch that way, so at the very least 10% might be possible imo.

Whether they'll give a discount is another matter.

Associate
Ah that's a shame, I guess regulation has been knocked off a bit at some point then.

Actually I set it to the correct time this morning and just checked it and its gained 5 seconds in around 12 hours, so much improved it has been consistently +25 all week! I wonder if it was a little magnetised after all :confused:

Soldato
Actually I set it to the correct time this morning and just checked it and its gained 5 seconds in around 12 hours, so much improved it has been consistently +25 all week! I wonder if it was a little magnetised after all :confused:

After I last posted, I checked out the movement and from the manufacturers website there's this PDF https://www.sellita.ch/scripts/calibres/images/Brochure_technique-SW330-1_24.pdf which does have specified deviations per day on page 5 although it should also be mentioned in the Oris Manual.

Associate
Associate
I dug these two out this weekend to give them some wrist time. The first is a Rado Golden Horse, ref 11675/2,from the late 60's to early 70's. An absolute beauty and proves you don't have to spend a fortune to get a good looking vintage piece.

MwnC96hh.jpg

This is a Farer "Big Eye" Cobb chronograph that my wife gifted to me a couple of years back. The dial on this is great and I love the graduations of colour in the chronograph minutes register. It reminds me of the Heuer Skipper or the UG Uni-Compax from the late 60s.

RnvIkgvh.jpg

Back
Top Bottom