What watch do you wear?

I'm not gonna lie, I'm a bit of a fan of the Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean. What's the story when it comes to purchasing that kinda thing? Is it a case of paying list price, or can discounts be had on new Omegas?

I thought I'd shove this in here, rather than starting a new thread, as the knowledgable folk seem to be here!

Iirc I got 15% off ticket price from Goldsmiths, back when they were ~£1900 instead of the ~£2200 they are now. Some do better, some do worse, but from a highstreet chain, I'd be amazed if you manage anything more than 20%.

I had to put in some effort to get even that. I also had to promise to pay cash there and then, or he wouldn't even discuss a discount.

Only other thing I'd say is buy one with a metal bracelet unless you have a very good reason for never wanting to wear the bracelet, as the bracelet versions are the same price at retail, but much more expensive than rubber to buy separately.

I was tempted by the orange at the time, but I'm glad I didn't go for it as although they're distinctive and recognisable, I think I would have gotten sick of it eventually.

Last edited:
I'm not gonna lie, I'm a bit of a fan of the Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean. What's the story when it comes to purchasing that kinda thing? Is it a case of paying list price, or can discounts be had on new Omegas?

I thought I'd shove this in here, rather than starting a new thread, as the knowledgable folk seem to be here!

I got 21% discount on my Planet Ocean

Or rather my missus did as I asked he to pick me one up as she was going into town, think she did quite well

I want this one.

71%20Pac%20A%20Swatch_thumb.jpg

For work - Casio F-91W - cost £9 and does everything I want it too.

My Nixon Tiny finally had to be retired after 3 or 4 years of constant wear, the band completely split from top to bottom and was starting to tear in half. Goodnight sweet prince.

I just got this one as an anniversary present...

original.jpg

and yes it's orange:cool:

This has been my daily watch for the last 3 years...

original.jpg

and this ones my going out watch...

original.jpg

I never really got on with the bracelet and it seemed to scratch just looking at it, so I replaced the original bracelet with this blue Omega Sharkskin strap. Unfortunately only with a tang buckle and not a deployment clasp. I am thinking of getting a blue rubber Omega strap with deployment clasp for it though.

Any thought of where from apart from cousins or an Omega dealer?

Interesting to see that you have ditched the bracelet, i am planning to do the same. I am not sure what type of strap to go for though..

Not totally feeling the love for the quartz model though, but thats just me feeling like a bit of a watch bore :p

Anyway, new purchase, always fancied one;
seamaster_full_auto.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting to see that you have ditched the bracelet, i am planning to do the same. I am not sure what type of strap to go for though..

Not totally feeling the love for the quartz model though, but thats just me feeling like a bit of a watch bore :p

Anyway, new purchase, always fancied one;
seamaster_full_auto.jpg

new used ? or is that just a generic pic as that model hasn't been made for ages

As I said in my post, I fancied a blue rubber strap for mine. It is the same type as the planet ocean orange rubber one. I wore it on the bracelet a few times but couldn't really get the sizing right. It was either too tight or so slack that it kept spinning around. The tags have a micro adjustment on the bracelet which means I can get it how I like it.

I wasn't too keen on the larger size or weight of the automatic watches, plus the extra price was the decider too.

I have always fancied an orange planet ocean though. Is there not some kind of problem with the anti glare coating coming off on them?

As I said in my post, I fancied a blue rubber strap for mine. It is the same type as the planet ocean orange rubber one. I wore it on the bracelet a few times but couldn't really get the sizing right. It was either too tight or so slack that it kept spinning around. The tags have a micro adjustment on the bracelet which means I can get it how I like it.

I wasn't too keen on the larger size or weight of the automatic watches, plus the extra price was the decider too.

I have always fancied an orange planet ocean though. Is there not some kind of problem with the anti glare coating coming off on them?

only that they can be scratched, if they do you can just remove it

oh and they also smear easily

Back
Top Bottom