What watch do you wear?

Soldato
We're you close to buy one a little while back when I was looking for mine?

I have to say, it's a really nice watch; delicate while being 'manly' -- very classy I find...

yep! that was before I got the quotes back from my other three watches in for servicing and before I commissioned someone to do some work in my garden.

I still have a watch on my 'to buy' list and im still going for the same one.

Soldato
Hello guys,

I'm looking to get a new watch for Christmas, I've got about £100 to spend. I broke my smart watch so in need of a new one as I feel 'naked' :(

Three things,
I'd rather it didn't pull my arm hairs out,
Must show the date, I hate not seeing the date on my current cheap one I found in a draw.
Pretty robust, I'm often under cars, I build and repair bikes for my job. It needs to withstand that kinda stuff.

What would you recommend?

Last edited:
Associate
Hello guys,

I'm looking to get a new watch for Christmas, I've got about £100 to spend. I broke my smart watch so in need of a new one as I feel 'naked' :(

Three things,
I'd rather it didn't pull my arm hairs out,
Must show the date, I hate not seeing the date on my current cheap one I found in a draw.
Pretty robust, I'm often under cars, I build and repair bikes for my job. It needs to withstand that kinda stuff.

What would you recommend?

How about a G-Shock? If you like the chunky, hard wearing looking watches that can take a ton of punishment, that is what I would go for. You can get quite a lot of different styles if you look around at £100.

Soldato
Not G shock ones, they are too bulky and big.

I like designs like the LG G watch R, that kind of style. Not sure what it's called but do not want another smart watch.

I don't have the largest of wrists so can't have anything too big.

Soldato
I know it is but it's the only watch I know the name of that I like the look of. I tried on one and it was the biggest I could go, anything bigger looked odd.

I'll have a look tomorrow when on my PC. I've never bought a proper watch so don't know what brands or anything to go for. Although, them Casio edifice ones on to look nice!

Man of Honour
I've decided to get a Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro 600 - 42mm, in black.

9ksMJcgl.jpg

After much researching it seems an excellent watch for the money (not that it's particularly cheap, but in watch terms), and punches well above its weight.

Associate
Very nice indeed Robbo!! Liking the style of that a lot. I was thinking Rolex myself BeeP when I first saw it.

What do we think to CW watches? I am considering one? I am looking at C60 TRIDENT 300 - 42MM.

I will be honest and say I don't know a huge amount about watches. I have a couple, both Seiko.

Back
Top Bottom