What watch do you wear?

Pet Northerner
Don
bought a new strap to give a bit life to my old seiko

QySWqIX.png

I'll be looking for a new watch this year to give me more options. It's exciting as I've never ever owned more than one watch, but am finding my self with the ability to afford nicer things :)

Pet Northerner
Don
Did it this way as I know I will do something daft! :(

But I am not sure what type of seal they use.

from what I've read online it's the o ring inside that seals it. Apparently if you are careful you can get the seal back, as long as that ring isn't damaged.

As I say, waterproofing isn't an issue for me thankfully

RJC

RJC

Don
from what I've read online it's the o ring inside that seals it. Apparently if you are careful you can get the seal back, as long as that ring isn't damaged.

As I say, waterproofing isn't an issue for me thankfully

That's good :D

Can you take a pic when you do it :p

Soldato
That's good :D

Can you take a pic when you do it :p

not the same watch as yourself but you can see the o ring around the removable back casing in this pic

xjUEftq.jpg

Also when you remove the battery watch out for the springiness of watch parts as it might (probably) send the screw holding it in place flying as you can see the one on my crappy watch went flying so it sits above the battery.

daz

daz

Soldato
So my Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra has stopped suddenly. I can set the time but it just doesn't 'tick'. The window on the back that shows the workings seems to have stuck as well with the bit that covers up certain workings just being stuck in one place. It's really strange and I can't figure out why. :(

How easy is it to arrange a repair/warranty fix based on people's experiences? It's only 6 months old. :(

Associate
So my Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra has stopped suddenly. I can set the time but it just doesn't 'tick'. The window on the back that shows the workings seems to have stuck as well with the bit that covers up certain workings just being stuck in one place. It's really strange and I can't figure out why. :(

How easy is it to arrange a repair/warranty fix based on people's experiences? It's only 6 months old. :(

I'm guessing that when you say "the bit that covers up certain workings" you mean the rotor. This is the bit that winds the watch so if it is stuck then the watch will not work. You could try manually winding but that is only an interim solution to get it working.

I would be heading straight back to the AD for them to look at. It could be something very simple but only they can advise (if you want to retain your warranty).

Associate
I used to wear an old Rolex which i inherited from my grandfather. Had it serviced and had a new strap fitted (total cost was just over £500). About 2 years ago now it stopped working and subsequently found out that they no longer made parts for that model and fixing it was not possible. Sad times!!

Now I wear a G-Shock for work and (i think its a) French Connection for outside work.

I will eventually invest in a decent 'Going Out' watch but with the imminent arrival of a little one i'm having to curb my spending :(

daz

daz

Soldato
I'm guessing that when you say "the bit that covers up certain workings" you mean the rotor. This is the bit that winds the watch so if it is stuck then the watch will not work. You could try manually winding but that is only an interim solution to get it working.

I would be heading straight back to the AD for them to look at. It could be something very simple but only they can advise (if you want to retain your warranty).

Cheers, yes 'rotor' was the word I was looking for. :)

Will have to find a local AD to look at it, this was bought in Dubai. :o

Caporegime
New addition, Seiko 6309-735M R.

Gonna need a winder for this one as unlike my other automatic watches it cant be manually wound. And I cant wear it at the moment as the bracelet needs resized or I may change it out. Very good condition for a watch that was made in the 80's.

RJC

RJC

Don
not the same watch as yourself but you can see the o ring around the removable back casing in this pic

xjUEftq.jpg

Also when you remove the battery watch out for the springiness of watch parts as it might (probably) send the screw holding it in place flying as you can see the one on my crappy watch went flying so it sits above the battery.

Cheers for that, a little fiddly :p

Caporegime
Cheers guys, though its looking like it may have to go back. Doesn't seem to run for very long, as I mentioned I haven't got a winder at present. But even by just moving it around to get it going it stops pretty quickly unlike my other autos.

Back
Top Bottom