What watch do you wear?

Caporegime
had a SKX007J on jubilee a couple of years ago. the strap was really nice tbh.

edit: i had the jubilee from that chap in canda wjean iirc

A lot of rumours now that the 007/9 are being discontinued. Supposedly being replaced by the new turtle reissue. Stock is a bit short, particularly on the Japanese made models and prices have risen a bit too.

Yep, heard of the wjean bracelets too. Supposed to be very good.

Associate
2me4nlf.jpg

I loved the look of these when they came out, finally saved up the cash and was really disappointed when I saw one again, the dial looked really busy.

I later realized they added a paragraph of text to the dial on the later ones. I've now picked up one of the original run and am happy as a pig in poop with it.

Lovely and light in titanium, clever sprung bracelet clasp and in my opinion a really handsome tool watch.

daz

daz

Soldato
agreed. 2nd hand is the way to go with omega (and others tbh). In contrast my BLNR is worth more now than it was when i bought it. madness.

40 this year.... considering a rolex purchase. something on a rubber strap maybe....

I love the new Yachtmaster on the Oysterflex bracelet - I just hope they might do a stainless steel one, the price is a bit much at the moment!

Soldato
I love the new Yachtmaster on the Oysterflex bracelet - I just hope they might do a stainless steel one, the price is a bit much at the moment!

The rose gold one? If so, me too. I usually cannot stand gold, but it just seems to work on that one with the rubber strap.

But it's at an :eek: price point for me.

Sticking with my pre-ceramic Sub for the moment.

Man of Honour
Gorgeous watch Robbo, quite like the CW trident series. Was very tempted by a white dial red bezel model on a FB group I'm in. Sadly funds got diverted to bill paying.

Cheers, I'm really pleased with it. Looks even better in person and the quality is excellent.

Managed to get 25% off too, with the pre-xmas code. More often than not there's an offer on, so don't order without some sort of discount.

Nice trident robbo, quite like the new ones

Plenty of interesting colour combinations too, but I went with the 'safe' option. I'd like to see the red bezel model in person.

Soldato
With the Omega taking the Planet Ocean line in a new direction that isn't to my tastes, I decided to pick up what I believe to be the best PO to date and one of my dream watches.

20160617_091353.jpg

The Omega Planet Ocean Liquid Metal. Limited to 1948 pieces with ceramic bezel with liquid metal numerals and matching ceramic dial. It also has red highlights instead of the usual orange.

20160617_091325.jpg

It uses the 2500 movement and being a transitional model it has (in my opinion) a much nicer bezel than the previous 2500 models without the added depth of the display back on the newer 8500s. It was also the only PO to have a perfectly matching bezel and dial, although the blue 8500 liquid metal titanium does now as well.

20160617_090133.jpg

Soldato
The Omega Planet Ocean Liquid Metal. Limited to 1948 pieces with ceramic bezel with liquid metal numerals and matching ceramic dial. I
Congrats, thats a beautiful piece and indeed the best PO to date.

Can only see the 2500 going up in value now that Omega has based their new version on G-shocks.

Soldato
Thanks, I think that you're right about the existing POs going up in price, especially this one because it's already got so much going for it and of course it is a limited edition.

It is the only PO to have held its value (actually increased approx 15%) so it should be a good investment I hope.

Not that I've bought it for that purpose, but it's always good to know that you will get your money back if and when you move on.

Soldato
Some wrist shots of my two seamasters, I think that they compliment each other nicely...

Do two watches make a collection?? :p

Comb18062016080220.jpg

The question is...what will go in slot number three....:confused:

20160617_175422.jpg

The 300M Diver will continue to be used daily for work and the Planet Ocean will be for weekends and special occasions.

I'll probably look to pick up a cheaper watch over the summer that I don't have to worry about getting bashed about too much. Maybe something like a Tag formula 1 chrono, on a rubber strap, perhaps second hand.

For the longer term future my two other dream watches apart from the PO are the Speedy (realistic) and the GMT master 2 (less so). But right now my wallet needs CPR. :(

Back
Top Bottom