What watch do you wear?

Caporegime
If your dead set on a titanium piece steinhart also produce one.

https://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/premium-line/ocean-titanium-500-premium.html

I've got two steinys here, the DLC and an ocean one green. I was very tempted by the titanium after seeing a friends. Great looking well built watch. Rumours floating about that steinhart prices are set for a big increase as ETA are increasing prices of movements sold to companies outside of the swatch group. And the general consensus is that steinhart have been selling their watches too cheap to begin with.

That's the one i have my heart set on next.

Soldato
Hublot1.jpg

My bro got me this for my Birthday :D
Generous
I like :)

Associate
That's the one i have my heart set on next.

Well they had it in stock last week, and I was *this* close to pulling the trigger on it, but I hesitated. It's now >£500 with the change rate, and I thought that it wasn't /far off/ a Hydroconquest at that price...
Also, with my premium blue running very slow, I'm worried. I'll try to demagnetize it and see if that helps.

Soldato
DLC will still scratch. Just be more mindful about where you shove you flail your arms around instead :p

DLC's resistance to showing wear is down to the thickness of the DLC layer. I'm more familiar with it on knives, and William Henry have made a bit of thing of how thick their DLC layer is - it's absurdly difficult to mark. In comparison, Rockstead's DLC layer is far, far thinner and as such shows wear extremely easily.

So it's all down to how the DLC is applied.

Transmission breaker
Don
I am aware its a fake :)
I thought it was hilarious that they took what might have been a half decent replica of a cheaper model, and added the extra dials without a provison for the required extra buttons...
The dials don't move and I think the writing and date part are very wrong. I think the hands are also incorrect.

Associate
After listing my Seiko Cocktail Time for sale; I thought it would be a good time to install some new modded bits to my SKX.

Went from the green with super oyster:

To the red, super jubilee bracelet with a coin edge bezel:

What do you think? I actually prefer the green but popping off the bezel is easy as pie so I'll try the red for a while :).

Thanks

Where did you get the new Bezel inserts from? I've got a Seiko SNZF17K1, the inserts getting a bit scuffed and battered so I could do with a new one.

Associate
Like it! I finally ordered a SKX007 -it's your fault :)- where do you buy your modding parts? I'm planning to at the very least install a domed saphire on it.

After listing my Seiko Cocktail Time for sale; I thought it would be a good time to install some new modded bits to my SKX.

Went from the green with super oyster:

To the red, super jubilee bracelet with a coin edge bezel:

What do you think? I actually prefer the green but popping off the bezel is easy as pie so I'll try the red for a while :).

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom