What watch do you wear?

Soldato
Does a smart watch count?

Which is that? I'm after one to replace my aging Garmin Vivoactive and want something more "watchy" looking than this
Garmin-vivoactive-fallout-boy.jpg

Am eyeing up the Apple watch as can get one for about £30 but i think i'd prefer something round.

EDIT - Just to add thats not a picture of my arm, mine doesn't look like it belongs to a 12yr old boy!

Last edited:
Associate
2lZPlxf

NMdBxLN.jpg

2lZPlxf.jpg
NMdBxLN

Citizen BM6400-00E, recently picked up on Ebay. Switched the standard strap for a Zuludiver RMC Nato, which comes with fabric loops rather than the metal ones. I want this to slip under a shirt cuff.

Very chuffed, the size if just right on me and I love the quirky design of the numerals. It's a pity it's been discontinued, it was replaced with the AW1410-08E which is a bit bigger and I think a more tame / corners-cut design that just doesn't work for me.

Associate
Finally settled on the Longines HydroConquest AUtomatic version from FraserHart, Looks soooooo nice in person, just oozes quality, first proper watch I have ever gotten, and my parents paid part for my 18th as they gave me a budget for a watch but I wanted this one for a while so said I would handle the extra.
Also, the box it comes in is stunning, again just quality, I am a big guy for presentation, my birthday is next Sunday so not long to wait now!

Last edited:
Caporegime
Finally settled on the Longines HydroConquest AUtomatic version from FraserHart, Looks soooooo nice in person, just oozes quality, first proper watch I have ever gotten, and my parents paid part for my 18th as they gave me a budget for a watch but I wanted this one for a while so said I would handle the extra.
Also, the box it comes in is stunning, again just quality, I am a big guy for presentation, my birthday is next Sunday so not long to wait now!
Nice man, wear it with pride and post a photo on the day of opening. :)

Soldato
I will be for sure :D Really excited to get it now, gonna avoid wearing it on nights out in Town, feel like I would be too scared of it getting stolen constantly in nightclubs
Unless you're totally out of it, how might that happen? Unless you're thinking of some sleight of hand with a buckled watch? I really hope you got yours on a bracelet if so!

I'd wager there are plenty of Folexes there too.

Wear it and enjoy it.

Associate
Unless you're totally out of it, how might that happen? Unless you're thinking of some sleight of hand with a buckled watch? I really hope you got yours on a bracelet if so!

I'd wager there are plenty of Folexes there too.

Wear it and enjoy it.

Forgot about the overly stiff safety catch :)
I will do mate, really looking forward to getting it now, only been wanting one for ages :p

Soldato
My wife asked me what I wanted for my Birthday in Dec. I said, same thing I said for my 30th... which she hasn't got yet, being a nice Panerai.
She wants to buy it herself, and said she can't afford to buy it now, so I said it's fine. I'll wait... it's only been 2yrs since my 30th haha I might get it at 35, but I'll get it!

Soldato
My wife asked me what I wanted for my Birthday in Dec. I said, same thing I said for my 30th... which she hasn't got yet, being a nice Panerai.
She wants to buy it herself, and said she can't afford to buy it now, so I said it's fine. I'll wait... it's only been 2yrs since my 30th haha I might get it at 35, but I'll get it!
Make sure she buys it grey market or from the used market as they immediately lose more than a few k when purchased retail. But be bloody careful as PAM fakes are as rife as Rolex ones.

A minefield!

Soldato
Make sure she buys it grey market or from the used market as they immediately lose more than a few k when purchased retail. But be bloody careful as PAM fakes are as rife as Rolex ones.

A minefield!
Totally, it would most likely be somewhere like watchfinder. I'd never get it new, damn they drop :p I was wearing a nice PAM in Basel the other week and it was about 10k, but you know as soon as you have it it's about 7-8k.

Soldato
Totally, it would most likely be somewhere like watchfinder. I'd never get it new, damn they drop :p I was wearing a nice PAM in Basel the other week and it was about 10k, but you know as soon as you have it it's about 7-8k.
Any idea which model?

I'm a big fan of so many of their pieces, just when I see the dimensions I know I could never carry most of them off.

This is one of the rare ones that would actually fit...but way out of my price league! That dial is just gorgeous though. And that lovely power reserve.

Soldato
It would have to be an open back, auto 1950 in 47mm... if I could, but then there are many fitting that bill. A lot of the 1950 47s don't come in auto but manual open back, which is also fine but no date too and I like the date. I felt that the 47 just wore a bit nicer on my fat wrists.

Back
Top Bottom