What watch do you wear?

Caporegime
I'm not one for paying large sums of money for watches, this £89 Swatch does me.

28661069_10156127262052889_5223419552618141613_n.jpg
That is actually an extremely handsome watch. Can you also tell us the model name?

Associate
That is actually an extremely handsome watch. Can you also tell us the model name?
Nazbit is correct on the model, MIRE NOIRE YWS411G. I love how simple it is, rather 60/70s Omega but without the chronographs.

I will update later as to how well it's made, feel etc etc. I'm not expecting too much for £90 less a penny, but a friend's Swatch has lasted 10 years of regular wear. So, I have some hope it's reasonable!

Caporegime
Nazbit is correct on the model, MIRE NOIRE YWS411G. I love how simple it is, rather 60/70s Omega but without the chronographs.

I will update later as to how well it's made, feel etc etc. I'm not expecting too much for £90 less a penny, but a friend's Swatch has lasted 10 years of regular wear. So, I have some hope it's reasonable!
Hmm interesting thanks guys... looks smaller than 43mm! Sadly I couldn't find a smaller version on the website though or I would have been tempted to get one...

Last edited:
Associate
Hmm interesting thanks guys... looks smaller than 43mm. Couldn't find a smaller version on the website though...
I think there's only the one type.

I've only worn it once/twice for going out, most of the time i just use my phone/pc for time! I'll dig it out later and measure it, plus take a ‘on the wrist’ photo (mine is 7.5 inch around).

Soldato
Any recommendations for good strap shops?

I'm looking for something to pimp my black-cased Mondaine - I'm trying to find something interesting but must have a black buckle.

Soldato
Any recommendations for good strap shops?

I'm looking for something to pimp my black-cased Mondaine - I'm trying to find something interesting but must have a black buckle.
Black buckle will really thin the herd to an impossibly small selection. Just buy the black hardware that fits the strap you like most.

Soldato
Yeah I've only found a few Hirsch ones with black buckle on Watch Obsession but I don't really like the styling of them.
Yeah, best to just buy the hardware for the strap.

And what's your budget and material desires? As you know, they range from a few quid up into the hundreds, so specify that stuff and then some hopefully useful links will be forthcoming

Soldato
The lack of qualifier would suggest it is. Why? It's not yet another of their 'only people who have done X are allowed to give us their money to buy this product' is it?
WTF are you talking about? Not that it is any of your business as a self-appointed moderator; I would congratulate him on owning a beautifully made watch.

Soldato
My daily beater a Seiko 5 7S26 10F2 TG2 made in Japan- is drying up - losing about 5+min a week - so before I take it up to local jeweler for a clean can anyone recommend a Seiko cleaning service - Meanwhile I will now search for a new Seiko 5 as it will probably be cheaper.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom