What watch do you wear?

Soldato
I'd advise against the MONKEYSWAG 'Americano' one. It's utter crap. Plastic veneer over some other crap. Looks rubbish.

Got a Zuludiver Horween one, light brown, and it's soft, supple and looks great. Others dislike it due to the thickness of the leather (it's very thin indeed) but I got it precisely because I wanted it to be as thin as reasonably possible to be able to fit as many different watches' case-spring bar gap.

Associate
I'd advise against the MONKEYSWAG 'Americano' one. It's utter crap. Plastic veneer over some other crap. Looks rubbish.

Got a Zuludiver Horween one, light brown, and it's soft, supple and looks great. Others dislike it due to the thickness of the leather (it's very thin indeed) but I got it precisely because I wanted it to be as thin as reasonably possible to be able to fit as many different watches' case-spring bar gap.

Ah that is one of the brands i saw mentioned a few times. Decided to pick one up to give it a go also!

Associate
My new everyday watch arrived today. I needed something fairly robust and water resistant. I also needed a GMT complication because at work we are now working with many teams accords the world, so quickly glancing down to know the time in other places is going to be really handy. I had been looking for something for a while but nothing had really taken my fancy or criteria and then Steinheart released a watch that would fit my skinny wrists, the Ocean GMT 39mm. Super happy with it and can't wait to start using it everyday.

oHaKiEC.jpg

Caporegime
My new everyday watch arrived today. I needed something fairly robust and water resistant. I also needed a GMT complication because at work we are now working with many teams accords the world, so quickly glancing down to know the time in other places is going to be really handy. I had been looking for something for a while but nothing had really taken my fancy or criteria and then Steinheart released a watch that would fit my skinny wrists, the Ocean GMT 39mm. Super happy with it and can't wait to start using it everyday.
Nice watch, enjoy wearing it. :)

Associate
Hey all,
I have a budget of between £500-£1,000 to spend on a watch. I like the diver styles and preferably a bigger case. What would you recommend? I would love an Omega but I think it's a tad out of my price range unfortunately.

Thanks,

Soldato

oHaKiEC.jpg

Hey all,
I have a budget of between £500-£1,000 to spend on a watch. I like the diver styles and preferably a bigger case. What would you recommend? I would love an Omega but I think it's a tad out of my price range unfortunately.

Thanks,

https://www.steinhartwatches.de/en/diver-watch/gmt-ocean-one-39-blue-red.html

They do 44mm diver too

Soldato
Hey all,

Thanks,
You can get Quartz Seamasters for under your top limit if you're patient. Not that I'd do so myself, but you can.

But can you define the case diameter and give some styles you like? Diver only really relates to WR rather than styling, but I'm guessing you like the Planet Ocean and Seamaster looks.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Why do some watches cost £1000, yet others cost £10k or £80k?

Watchfinders shows you the details, and there are so many of those details :eek:

Personally I don't like any JLC design, but man the workmanship deserves top shelf appreciation for the price point. And then the German A. Lange & Söhne is just on another level.

Associate
You can get Quartz Seamasters for under your top limit if you're patient. Not that I'd do so myself, but you can.

But can you define the case diameter and give some styles you like? Diver only really relates to WR rather than styling, but I'm guessing you like the Planet Ocean and Seamaster looks.

I would say anything over 40mm. And yes, the looks of the Planet Oceans and Seamasters are exactly what I'm after.

Associate
I got an Orient Mako 2 a couple of months ago and have been wearing it on the original bracelet, but think this navy Nato from toxicnatos.com really sets it off:

It doesn't have the metal keepers on the strap, and I prefer them this way - a little more low-profile. It just has one cloth keeper next to the buckle, so the folded-over and tucked in bit of the strap is under my wrist, rather than on the side like a more regular Nato.

Back
Top Bottom