What watch do you wear?

Caporegime
I take my Bremont off every day when I get in from work and put on my Garmin.

This morning I went to put it on, uh-oh.

Part of the bracelet itself has snapped.

I'm just glad it didn't happen when I was wearing it and intoxicated perhaps, as otherwise I may have lost it!

I've always fancied a leather strap for it so may order one. I’ve tweeted Bremont in the hope they may give me a little discount, as the watch is out of warranty.
Bremont to me is like a luxury bigger brother of Christopher Ward... a new brand that is seriously overpriced and lacking in quality.

Caporegime
You clearly have no experience of the brand.
Do I need to buy one to know it has no heritage and has quality issues?

No heritage because the brand was founded in 2002 and is only 17 years old.

Quality issues because I do my research: https://www.google.com/search?q=bre...rome..69i57.5325j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Oh and this was embarrassing... https://www.ablogtowatch.com/real-s...er-in-house-made-bwc01-london-watch-movement/

It's a gimmick brand that prices itself like an established Swiss or German brand and relies on people with little knowledge about or discerning taste with watches to support it. Because... "made in Britain, innit"? :D

Soldato

Quality issues because I do my research: https://www.google.com/search?q=bre...rome..69i57.5325j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Oh and this was embarrassing... https://www.ablogtowatch.com/real-s...er-in-house-made-bwc01-london-watch-movement/

It's a gimmick brand that prices itself like an established Swiss or German brand and relies on people with little knowledge about or discerning taste with watches to support it. Because... "made in Britain, innit"? :D
You still know nothing. Everything you've said is based on 3rd hand knowledge and links from the Internet. Good work. The BWC01 is an amazing movement, the wording of in house was obviously not the best but they have learnt from that and will have a true in house movement very soon.
What watch do you wear? Longines Hydroconquest?

Caporegime
You still know nothing. Everything you've said is based on 3rd hand knowledge and links from the Internet. Good work. The BWC01 is an amazing movement, the wording of in house was obviously not the best but they have learnt from that and will have a true in house movement very soon.
What watch do you wear? Longines Hydroconquest?

I am interested, could you tell me some 1st hand truth, rather than just dismiss his post?

Genuinely interested by the way, because right now from an "outsider's" perspective you are losing the argument as all you've done is said "you are wrong, take my word for it and I admit it's crap for all the watches out right now, the new one is not out yet so if you are thinking buying them now…don't."

That's how it's translated.

Sooooo, genuinely interest, what is the 1st hand truth of the brand?

Soldato

Precisely my take on it. You don't need to own something to know about the manufacturer and what they produce.

Soldato
Wow, that Google search is pretty damning. People generally try to overly justify watch purchase decisions (as witnessed in this thread) so often won't complain publicly so I'm surprised there are so many websites/threads demonstrating how bad the Bremont QC is.

Soldato
You can ask me anything about the watch industry or Bremont and I can and will give you an honest answer.
Bremont do factory tours and they will show you their of entire facility so you can see for yourself first hand what goes into it.

Last edited:
Caporegime
You can ask me anything about the watch industry or Bremont and I can and will give you an honest answer.

That's all fair and well, but would that not be just an opinion of yours?

My question goes to:- you have your answers vs all those search results or other people, what makes your "honest answer" more honest than theirs. So, what is the 1st hand truth of the brand? Do you personally know the founders of the company?

Soldato
I am interested, could you tell me some 1st hand truth, rather than just dismiss his post?

Genuinely interested by the way, because right now from an "outsider's" perspective you are losing the argument as all you've done is said "you are wrong, take my word for it and I admit it's crap for all the watches out right now, the new one is not out yet so if you are thinking buying them now…don't."

That's how it's translated.

Sooooo, genuinely interest, what is the 1st hand truth of the brand?
It's easy to criticise a company who are trying to break into a very closed i
That's all fair and well, but would that not be just an opinion of yours?

My question goes to:- you have your answers vs all those search results or other people, what makes your "honest answer" more honest than theirs. So, what is the 1st hand truth of the brand? Do you personally know the founders of the company?
I do know them and I know the company. I also have a lot of contacts and friends in the industry. It's very difficult for anyone to break into the luxury watch industry as it is controlled by the Swiss who view anyone from the outside as a threat. For Bremont to go from nothing to 11k watches a year and a turnover in excess of £20m is a credit to them. Its also a steep learning curve to break a market so there's bound to be issues along the way. I'd highly recommend signing up to a tour if you're serious to know more about the brand and what they stand for.

Caporegime
It's easy to criticise a company who are trying to break into a very closed i

I do know them and I know the company. I also have a lot of contacts and friends in the industry. It's very difficult for anyone to break into the luxury watch industry as it is controlled by the Swiss who view anyone from the outside as a threat. For Bremont to go from nothing to 11k watches a year and a turnover in excess of £20m is a credit to them. Its also a steep learning curve to break a market so there's bound to be issues along the way. I'd highly recommend signing up to a tour if you're serious to know more about the brand and what they stand for.

That doesn't answer my question, at all. You sidestepped it completely.

What do you know that can refute the fact that it was founded in 2002 and those reported quality issues?

How many watches they make and their turnover is all good and well, I never asked that question…the question isn't on how much money they make, that goes more about their marketing and PR more than anything IMO.

This isn't a criticism of the company, it is a young company, that's a fact is it not? You admit the quality issue is also a problem is it not? I know all new products and company takes time to iron out the rough edges and credit to them to not only survive but also makes it a success, it however does not change the fact that it is a young company and it's products has issues.

Soldato
That doesn't answer my question, at all. You sidestepped it completely.

What do you know that can refute the fact that it was founded in 2002 and those reported quality issues?

How many watches they make and their turnover is all good and well, I never asked that question…the question isn't on how much money they make, that goes more about their marketing and PR more than anything IMO.

This isn't a criticism of the company, it is a young company, that's a fact is it not? You admit the quality issue is also a problem is it not? I know all new products and company takes time to iron out the rough edges and credit to them to not only survive but also makes it a success, it however does not change the fact that it is a young company and it's products has issues.
No the quality is not an issue at all. Why don't you Google any other watch brand and see what comes up? More of the same? Thought so. Look at how old most of those posts are. What exactly do you want to know?

Back
Top Bottom