What watch do you wear?

Caporegime
No the quality is not an issue at all. Why don't you Google any other watch brand and see what comes up? More of the same? Thought so. Look at how old most of those posts are. What exactly do you want to know?

What do you know that can refute the fact that it was founded in 2002 and those reported quality issues?

I am not talking about other brands, I am talking about Bremont. Can we stay on track?

The answer "just because others are bad, we can be too" is a crappy excuse, if you want to argue that it is better than other watches, it ought to have better results than others don't you agree?

And this isn't that old, 2014, 12 years after the company was founded so at that point it's over a decade to smooth things out.

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/real-s...er-in-house-made-bwc01-london-watch-movement/

Soldato
I am not talking about other brands, I am talking about Bremont. Can we stay on track?

The answer "just because others are bad, we can be too" is a crappy excuse, if you want to argue that it is better than other watches, it ought to have better results than others don't you agree?

And this isn't that old, 2014, 12 years after the company was founded so at that point it's over a decade to smooth things out.

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/real-s...er-in-house-made-bwc01-london-watch-movement/
I literally do not understand your question.

Soldato
The question is to its heritage and build quality?

So far we know its founded in 2002 which you don't disagree and you also agree that its build quality is as bad as all the others?
Why would I disagree with that when it's on the website?
You're insinuating that Bremont seems to have worse build quality than other brands. I do not agree with this at all. All brands will have issues from time to time, some just get scrutinised more than others.

Caporegime
Why would I disagree with that when it's on the website?
You're insinuating that Bremont seems to have worse build quality than other brands. I do not agree with this at all. All brands will have issues from time to time, some just get scrutinised more than others.

The question really comes down to why.

For the price segment and the market it is in, in that price range, if I were to spend that kind of money, why should I choose a Bremont over something like a Rolex, Panerai, Omega Breitling or even a Patek Philippe?

So why a Bremont?

Soldato

For the price segment and the market it is in, in that price range, if I were to spend that kind of money, why should I choose a Bremont over something like a Rolex, Panerai, Omega Breitling or even a Patek Philippe?

So why a Bremont?
I'm not here to convince you with how to spend your money, but I will defend a good product when people criticise and **** the brand off when they have no real experience of them other than what they read on the internet. If you don't like the designs, the back story etc then sure that's fair enough.
Also, why would you even include Patek Philippe in that group? They're a league above.

Soldato

So why a Bremont?
There are some cool things that Bremont offer that you might like such as the 3 piece hardened cases (all made in the UK factory) elaborate decoration (perlage, cote de geneve etc) and blued screws on all movements (even closed case back models), leather wallets with each watch you can use for things other than watches and a pretty good range of straps. The customer service is also excellent.

Soldato
I'm not here to convince you with how to spend your money, but I will defend a good product when people criticise and **** the brand off when they have no real experience of them other than what they read on the internet. If you don't like the designs, the back story etc then sure that's fair enough.
Also, why would you even include Patek Philippe in that group? They're a league above.
You claim they're a good product but your defence thus far has been that they're a relatively new company and they have quality issues you claim to be similar to other brands. And you know people at the company (still waiting for clarification on whether you have a vested interest in Bremont).

It's ludicrous to suggest you have to own something to be able to discuss it. That would be the end of almost all user forums of any physical item.

Soldato
You claim they're a good product but your defence thus far has been that they're a relatively new company and they have quality issues you claim to be similar to other brands. And you know people at the company (still waiting for clarification on whether you have a vested interest in Bremont).

It's ludicrous to suggest you have to own something to be able to discuss it. That would be the end of almost all user forums of any physical item.
Sorry I missed your previous post, yes I do; so you may think I'm speaking from a biased position and I'm not to convince you otherwise, but what I will say is that I have been buying, selling and working with watches way before I had any vested interest in Bremont and wouldn't associate myself with a product I didn't believe in. I didn't say you had to own to discuss but you at least have to have some experience of handling or ownership to bash them for quality. I think that's fair. I would also be more than happy to arrange a tour for you around the Henley on Thames facility as you're into watches and would at least appreciate what they do.

Caporegime

So why a Bremont?
Exactly this. The only reason would be "to support British industry", which is imo not a good reason for buying something inferior. If I support British watchmaking and buy a watch it is because it is at least as good as or better than Glashutte/Swiss manufacture for the same money.

However lets face it, anyone with any common sense knows that a British company that is only 17 years old is not going to be on the same level of quality as a Swiss/German watchmaking company that has been plying its trade for many decades or even a couple of centuries.

You still know nothing. Everything you've said is based on 3rd hand knowledge and links from the Internet. Good work. The BWC01 is an amazing movement, the wording of in house was obviously not the best but they have learnt from that and will have a true in house movement very soon.
What watch do you wear? Longines Hydroconquest?

Ahhh and here your true character comes out for us all to see with your defensiveness and dismissiveness. ;)

Yes, I have a Longines Hydroconquest, a Tudor Pelagos and an Oris Pointer Moon... three excellent watches with great reputations, workmanship and reliability and all with different strengths and utility. Are you going to tell me that this means I have no taste, Bremont is better, and I need to stufu? :D

There are some cool things that Bremont offer that you might like such as the 3 piece hardened cases (all made in the UK factory) elaborate decoration (perlage, cote de geneve etc) and blued screws on all movements (even closed case back models), leather wallets with each watch you can use for things other than watches and a pretty good range of straps. The customer service is also excellent.
You sound like you work in sales for them... I prefer to trust aggregated feedback from the internet rather than from people with (by their own admission) vested interests and therefore biased viewpoints.

Last edited:
Soldato
Exactly this. The only reason would be "to support British industry", which is imo not a good reason for buying something inferior. If I support British watchmaking it is because it is at least as good as or better than Glashutte/Swiss manufacture.

However lets face it, anyone with any common sense knows that a company that is only 17 years old is not going to be on the same level of quality as a watchmaking company that has been plying its trade for many decades.

You sound like you work in sales for them... I prefer to trust aggregated feedback from the internet rather than from people with (by their own admission) vested interests and therefore biased viewpoints.
You do wear a hydroconquest don't you? The funny thing is that it's Swiss Made only because the movement makes up that qualifying 60% net value of the watch, and in a Hydroconquest its an undecorated uncertified 2892-2 I believe, a great movement but would cost Longines no more than £80 based on the volumes they buy, which goes to show you how much they are making their watches for. Everything other part of that watch is made in a factory in the far East, and in those same factories they are churning out parts for many other watch brands. The truth is you will never see aggregated or like for like feedback from the Swiss manufacturers because they will never give you the data.
I genuinely do not care if you believe me or not but I've been completely truthful in all my posts and have nothing to prove. I'm certainly not a salesman, I'm an engineer by qualification.

Last edited:
Caporegime
You do wear a hydroconquest don't you? The funny thing is that it's Swiss Made only because the movement makes up that qualifying 60%. Everything other part of that watch is made in a factory in the far East. I'm definitely not a salesman!
Did I claim my £800 Longines Hydroconquest was hand-made in Switzerland? No, it is in a completely different price class to a £3000-£4000 Bremont. Seems to me you're being a bit petty and looking to have a dig at anyone criticizing Bremont by making comparisons to cheaper, better value (and likely more reliable) watches from other manufacturers.

I would take my Tudor Pelagos over any Bremont dive watch, any day. In fact, I cannot think of a single Swiss brand of note that I would not take over a Bremont in the equivalent price range. In my view you'd have to be mad to blow 4k on a Bremont when you have Oris/Omega/Tudor etc as options.

Man of Honour
Wow, look what I've started. :D

I bought the Bremont because not many people have one. All my mates with smart watches have Omega's, Rolex's etc and I wanted to be different. I like the styling and I like the fact it's British and the Military connection (I'm ex Army).

I didn't really get on with my Omega so I sold that, I have a Tag still and wear it from time to time. I went to wear it due to my Bremont being broken but the battery has run out, typical!

I've had to send my Solo into Bremont twice now with bracelet issues, specifically where it meets the watch itself and it not being 100% flush. Bremont to be fair have never had an issue in me sending it in for it to be repaired FOC. The watch has always come back cleaned up nicely. I also know a few Army friends who are still serving and have some custom Bremont watches and a few have had issues.

I get far more comments about my Bremont than any other watch I've owned.

Soldato
Ahhh and here your true character comes out for us all to see with your defensiveness and dismissiveness. ;)

Yes, I have a Longines Hydroconquest, a Tudor Pelagos and an Oris Pointer Moon... three excellent watches with great reputations, workmanship and reliability and all with different strengths and utility. Are you going to tell me that this means I have no taste, Bremont is better, and I need to stufu? :D
As you can see from my previous post I haven't said any of that. I'll keep defending a good product and a company looking to grow and keep developing and you can keep spouting your rhetoric.

Caporegime
As you can see from my previous post I haven't said any of that. I'll keep defending a good product and a company looking to grow and keep developing and you can keep spouting your rhetoric.
Actually, you did imply it heavily. And really... rhetoric? Again, your defensive language betrays your bias and personal connection to this brand. It's clear from the replies of multiple people that you are not seen as objective on this particular topic. The more you post the more it harms your credibility in this respect. :)

Soldato
You own 2 budget Swiss watches and one mid range watch, yet feel this qualifies you to discuss quality control in the watch industry. I'd say the one lacking credibility is you. You can search for any company and add the words "quality issue" and it will bring up rafts of search results. I've already stated I have a vested interest so I cannot be partial or objective to someone I've never met. Some brands will always be more reliable than others; it's a testament to continuous improvement over many years of refinement. Something the Swiss market does well, but the Japanese do better.

Caporegime
You own 2 budget Swiss watches and one mid range watch, yet feel this qualifies you to discuss quality control in the watch industry. I'd say the one lacking credibility is you. You can search for any company and add the words "quality issue" and it will bring up rafts of search results. I've already stated I have a vested interest so I cannot be partial or objective to someone I've never met. Some brands will always be more reliable than others; it's a testament to continuous improvement over many years of refinement. Something the Swiss market does well, but the Japanese do better.
lmao...

Back
Top Bottom