What watch do you wear?

Associate
Can anyone recommend where to buy a replacement watch strap with deployment clasp online?

I visited a few jewellers in town but they were all citing ordering in a manufacturer specific strap, taking around 4-6 weeks.

The watch in question is a Rotary GS02941/03, I'm looking for something quite adjustable as the standard strap is either too tight or too loose with with it rolling away and sitting awkwardly on my wrist or digging in to the back of my hand.

Having measured at where it joins the case I'm certain this is a 22mm strap.

Thanks.

Best bet again is the bay. Search for deployant too btw.

Don
Also looking for recommendations for a good quality leather strap, ideally deployment. First call was Toshi but not seeing anything that fits the bill

I recently had one from ABP, you can custom design on their website, the one I had is stunning (but a bit pricey but I don't know what your budget is)

Man of Honour
IWC

Looking at something new
32258686563_e30c261cfb_h.jpg

You might trigger many more people if you bought this. Imagine the 'real estate' you could buy in Mongolia. I could be wrong as it was a while back, but I think this one was £250K. I believe they call it a statement watch, though not sure what the statement was or is. Not me at all, but the Patek Philippe 5170P, now that is glorious.

Permabanned
32258686563_e30c261cfb_h.jpg

You might trigger many more people if you bought this. Imagine the 'real estate' you could buy in Mongolia. I could be wrong as it was a while back, but I think this one was £250K. I believe they call it a statement watch, though not sure what the statement was or is. Not me at all, but the Patek Philippe 5170P, now that is glorious.
Still don’t think I can bring myself to spend that on a watch.

£17.5k on the Tag is making me think twice and I’ll need to really like it.

And I’ve spent that on single nights in premium hotels before. Weird how your inner justification can work at times.

Caporegime
And I’ve spent that on single nights in premium hotels before. Weird how your inner justification can work at times.

I doubt I could ever bring myself to spend that much on a single hotel night. :p - I just think it becomes a point of diminishing returns at some stage :p

Same on the watch, by that stage its a status thing more than anything?

I love nice watches, and could happily spend a few grand if I had it spare. But anything much more than that and I doubt I would, even if I had the money to burn. I'd rather spend it on a bunch of plane tickets :D

Associate
Fair enough. I still see you buying an item for its looks over its usage is a bit unusual.

My watch also has a stop watch that I use every day when I workout. Sure I could use the app on my phone but it's less convenient to quickly check and requires swapping out of the music app (or youtube) to get to.

Plus with the casio watches you get a bonus free game called, "how fast can you stop the stopwatch"? I've actually achieved the ultimate 00:00.01 once.

Man of Honour
Breguet actually makes nice watches though. Most of the "premium" watch brands are boring.
Ive been lucky to be invited to a couple of events at their shop in New Bond Street. Late night foood, drink and watches and they are gracious hosts. They are proper watch makers of that there is no question and they are makers of some very precise and complex watches with some firsts along the way. I have been to a few events over the years with other brands, last one was in November with JLC and that too was impressive. 250k watches are well past my spending powers.

OcUK Staff
No sub required, they’ve got a good kick.

The sound proofing here is really good.

I have a neighbour directly below me and he hasn’t heard a thing, despite having the amp up at 70% on NYE... and that’s LOUD!

Loud was an understatement, felt like was in a night club, quality speaker setup mate, puts my Naim amp to shame, but in fairness its good enough and I hardly ever use it these days, I did watch the movie Heat not long ago and I have it properly loud for the gun scene in the streets and the sound in that movie is just something else.

I don't do expensive watches, I purchased a watch recently simply because I liked the design, nothing expensive but it was carbon fibre and a pretty unique design and quality for the money is superb. I have a habit of also miss placing watches, be nothing worse than miss placing like a 10 or 20k Rolex.

OcUK Staff
You treat it differently, plus just insure it, the OH insures her Rolex and Raymond Weil and it doesn't cost much per year.

This is very true, but I just feel I'd not get the use out of it, plus its 10k, I'd rather have 10k towards the next car purchase or holiday away and in fairness I've booked a lot of holidays for 2019 so splashing another 10k on a watch would deduct from the next car fund pot.

Maybe one day, but I only got this carbon fibre watch because I thought it looked different and it was cheap, under £200, I shall have to put some pictures in watch thread, but its nothing fancy.

Back
Top Bottom