What watch do you wear?

Soldato
I don't normally wear a watch, but this caught my eye so purchased it:

https://zinvowatches.com/collections/blade/products/blade-venom

...snip...

That's actually a really interesting piece for the price - just watching some videos on it, and the way the turbine clicks around is really pretty cool. I could only tell the time on it by looking at your post's time stamp and figuring that the arrow hand is the hours and the other for the minutes! [Edit: that may actually be wrong given the date is showing as the 5th...which way around are the hands read?] Is there a marker on the turbine for the seconds?

Soldato
I don't know about an expensive watch. I've got a simple watch. It tells the time and the date and nothing else. I think it's elegant in its simplicity...if I was rich I'd happily upgrade to a much more expensive watch with exactly the same simplicity.

Caporegime
Agree, I see limited value in having an expensive watch, i will probably fold one day or give in the other half who is determined to buy me one.

Helps to have the other half work in jewellery so you can get 50% discounts, that being said I still don't wear mine a great deal but it's good to know it can be sold at any time for profit.

daz

daz

Soldato
As a bloke you don't really get to wear much of a collection of jewellery (unless you're Russell Brand), so the one piece you get to wear you might as well make it a good one.

OcUK Staff
That's actually a really interesting piece for the price - just watching some videos on it, and the way the turbine clicks around is really pretty cool. I could only tell the time on it by looking at your post's time stamp and figuring that the arrow hand is the hours and the other for the minutes! [Edit: that may actually be wrong given the date is showing as the 5th...which way around are the hands read?] Is there a marker on the turbine for the seconds?

That me been lazy, still not set the date.
Yes not the easiest piece to tell the time in the dark as they did not use luminous paint. In light it is easy though but yes the movement is nice as is the design and quality seems really fantastic for money, plus they have lots of designs, some are limited editions too.

Soldato
White date wheel with a black dial, the designer of that wants shooting.
The white date wheel is the least of it's design problems tbh.

Talking of watches, I got the 1964 a new leather strap which suits it and myself much better than the one it comes with imo...

y4mre55-XLjZiaCEK_LDT97CxyaFmamj9-VMKepS7PPB-Z2FYmLjqgUctyEBHQ--M1PrPzFeS1r0qfoFnC_UOuWDuKUY0XrcA5UY2KyoH2RGqxu62MiD7elnvnsfNJyDq1NcluQcrl5cQ4ElLjF3fwYwZE6IFsRLPgiXfORPHZnjyldSgBYkLQkKiFEygaYLhTfDhB7L802EZW8dxQtIMSq0Q

y4mxngdp_lkISwQkA2Zuxkx-tOZaPlzWjTgO4Wo5FhLb0jmE9gNaEXLd2T1v6GU4QX2X3dwtfC4cqsP-Q9wxeBO6bje_ZOwq_C_1lqeReubzefUem0kHy1XKYWLcD11p2uEX_nH2egUEhM-GFVi7_Lslpg55eaocqjhMFCnAKvYPJ0yaJn4-6QhiDD6PgQykPV5bl1r1TCcu1H0DVAmWWQCHA

y4mRU9uh7qiDq988nDLEqEAZa2_49sdv73ZxQCMQZ0zehnO_-kkzhEX4RSosnEgGPFZeG9ventohhYxG2Z56bViTPIfbJXJ-r0eM8AZm6JHzSg06M8OXl68O6m3mPRzAr30bQPkkzG-tTuTlMvcL97xr4QeZSjnPT42YlC3MJqwWiWWMnWqz6ZBYDsv5tQ8GwrNZMfb4x9N7bEK71DpE7rg1g

Soldato
Just seen Christopher Ward have a 30-50% sale on a selection of their watches.

I currently have 4 automatic watches, 2 x Hamtun (H1 and Neon), 1 x Seiko 007 and 1 x Tissot (not sure on model off top of head) and now I think I fancy another brand to add to them, but wondered if CW are worth looking at.

Caporegime
To be fair, you get non-matching date wheels on watches costing multiple k.

It needs to stop.

Just seen Christopher Ward have a 30-50% sale on a selection of their watches.

I currently have 4 automatic watches, 2 x Hamtun (H1 and Neon), 1 x Seiko 007 and 1 x Tissot (not sure on model off top of head) and now I think I fancy another brand to add to them, but wondered if CW are worth looking at.

Used to like CW but I don't like the new designs and they seem to be going for the 'Daniel Wellington' market.

Soldato
I do like my watches I have to say :) Always worn a watch and always had an interest in them. However, I'm really not sure I'd ever spend more than £500 on one, even if I had the money to burn. Plenty of really nice ones around at that price.

My current citizen ecodrive radio controlled is a really cracking watch and only cost £250.

When you're talking tens of thousands, well that's just crazy. That's money towards a house or a new car sort of money.

Soldato
If you like it, go for it - but don't be fooled by the sales price because that's what the price of a watch like that should be tbh.

Got to agree with this. I bought a CW watch 6/7 years ago and I wear it every day. However, prices have at least doubled and inflation added since I got mine. I'm not sure I'd love it as much at twice the price. They really seem to have lost their way with value for money :(

Back
Top Bottom