1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What watch do you wear?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Doran, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Rotty

Don

is it brushed or polished finish?

2. xb8browney

Soldato

I wear the watch every day, just not the original strap.

3. the-evaluator

Wise Guy

For me it's one and the same. That strap goes with that watch.

4. panthro

Capodecina

If it's polished buy a Cape Cod polishing cloth off eBay:
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cape-Cod...305983&hash=item1a444f272a:g:RvoAAOSwElJahERI

If it's brushed then a fibreglass pen may work but I'd be inclined to just leave it.
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fibre-Gl...384447&hash=item4177880f23:g:n5sAAMXQzH9SG~Vo

5. Rotty

Don

I use cape cod on polished too

for brushed I find the foam abrasive pads that nail technicians use more controllable than fibre glass pen

6. hughtrimble

Mobster

Depends on the level of finish you want. The MK2 with its radial head polishing would not get me going anywhere near it, but if you're comfortable with the bracelet not being uniformly polished then crack on.

My Sub is now covered in scratches, and I like it that way, but I totally understand the desire to keep things polished. Might be worth buying some laminated plastic doodads that go on bracelet buckles for desk diving if you're concerned about future wear.

7. DXP55

Mobster

8. randomshenans

Capodecina

Anyone go to BaselWorld? I know @Rikki made his way over, from his insta posts, anyone else?

I didn't make the show, but ended up chatting to some insta watch bloggers (fremstar and watchanish) so after a work event was snuck into the Zenith after party, which was fun.
    [​IMG]

9. SDK^

Capodecina

I think it’s pointless going to the show as a member of the public. The show is setup for AD’s to place their orders for new products and you will mostly be ignored if you’re outside of the AD circles.

10. rexehuk

Mobster

Finally took the plunge after 6 years of 'ummms' (click for full size).

[​IMG]

Sat there for a good 30 minutes deciding between this and the baumatic, simply put this just sat so much nicer on the wrist.

11. ChrisD.

Capodecina

Got my Bremont back after a service, very happy, it's like new!

12. ChrisD.

Capodecina

That's rather delicious.

13. rexehuk

Mobster

Thanks! I've been looking for a classic watch for so long, really like the face and goes well with anything.

I do however feel I've entered a part of my life... as I now want more watches!

14. panthro

Capodecina

Not this year. A colleague went. Said from a retailer perspective it was very underwhelming.
    I sat next to Anish on a flight from London to Geneva once, he was doing a video on buying his latest VC and the whole VIP experience they offer to customers. He's less about watches these days and more about "luxury lifestyle". Not my cup of tea but he gets paid extremely well for his PR stuff! Plus all the perks that go with it.

15. Cooler running

Gangster

A full plastic casio, or just phone.

16. Rikki

Wise Guy

Thanks!

17. Rikki

Wise Guy

LOL! You should have DM'd and we could have said hello.

The party was awesome, think we were one of the last to leave.

[​IMG]

18. Rikki

Wise Guy

It is what you make it. I recorded a podcast with Adrian from Bark & Jack at the show comparing it over the last few years and pointing out why it's still amazing to go to as a punter and not a dealer / press.

http://www.scottishwatches.co.uk/20...baselworld-2019-with-adrian-of-bark-and-jack/

19. R-evans

Wise Guy

Went with my wife to get her a new activity tracker after her 6th Fitbit (that were all replaced by the company with refurbished ones) started to separate from the strap again, so she felt like she needed a change.

Stumbled across the Fossil Sport which she instantly fell in love with, plus they had a $50 off deal.

I had no idea Fossil made a smartwatch, nor did I have any desire to have a smart watch in my life, but after playing around with them in store I decided to get one too. Really like it so far.

I had a quick run around the mall to double check I didn't want something from another company (and to give myself a chance to walk away from the impulse buy) but I think this is by far the best looking one on the market. Everything else seemed too bulky and congested.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Participant

Caporegime

Anyone got first hand experience of Omega servicing? Am I best off dropping it with Goldsmiths (where I bought it) or liaising with Omega directly? How much should I expect to pay and is there anything else I need to consider?

Watch is a Seamaster Planet Ocean due its first service.

Thanks.