1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What watch do you wear?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Doran, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Scozzer

Hitman

Just to even out the experiences a little, I’ve never had a bad experience with them; links, paperwork and bezel protectors etc always included and discounts given relatively easily.

2. mikeh501

Wise Guy

nice rolexs, do the pro hunter ones suffer second hand?

edit: just checked their website. 16k for a exp2 looool.

3. scrivz69

Wise Guy

Fitted a new strap to the Seiko.

[​IMG]

4. Tiny Clanger

Hitman

I may have gone slightly over budget...

[​IMG]

5. Scozzer

Hitman

I really love these visodate’s. look much more expensive than they are. Are they a quartz?

6. hughtrimble

Mobster

Check what it says above the six in the dial :p

7. rare

Soldato

I like the visodate. It’s a clean nice looking watch. And the automatic isn’t expensive to buy new.

8. Tiny Clanger

Hitman

Looking at the Tissot website there are both automatics and quartz in the range: (https://www.tissotwatches.com/en-gb...eritage-watches/tissot-heritage-visodate.html) - I really wanted the automatic.

To be honest it was more than I was originally planning to spend, but Mrs Clanger came across a load of old Tesco Clubcard vouchers which Goldsmiths take at 3:1. I also liked the look of the V8 Swissmatic online but it was far too large for me when I tried it on. The Visodate by comparison fits well and I think looks very classy.

9. Tiny Clanger

Hitman

...only thing I'm not too sure about is the fake alligator strap. I'll give it some time to see if it grows on me - best not to make a 'snap' decision :D

10. Scozzer

Hitman

Sorry, not very observant of me :) but my opinion still stands: really love them and their presence.

11. hughtrimble

Mobster

Really don't be put off by stock straps - buy aftermarket. There's a world of choice out there and it can totally transform a watch.

12. majestyk

Gangster

Zeno PRS 3

[​IMG]

13. tek81

Wise Guy

I've been wearing a combination of either the old school classic, Tag. Or, the more morern Linde Werdelin, which is presently fitted with a strap that I hate. New one on order.

[​IMG]

14. Robi

Mobster

I'm after some suggestions for a 30th birthday present. I already have a Steinhart Ocean 1 for work, so this needs to be more casual (no divers or metal straps please). Budget is up to £250, don't mind second hand and also not particularly fussed about the movement.

Couple of ideas:

Orient - Sun & Moon
    Orient - 2nd Generation Bambino Version 2
    Orient - Bambino Open Heart
    Seiko - SSA231K1
    Tissot - Visodate
    Bulova - 96A201

Absolutely no idea what these are like however the designs are somewhat nice:

Camden Watch Company - No. 29 Northern Line

Anything else worth looking at?

15. Wizardskills

Wise Guy

I'd have said all of those are much more formal than your Steinhart. Either way, I'd also consider a Seiko Cocktail Time as they are an excellent dress watch for the money

https://simpkinsjewellers.co.uk/sei...fz75BUqIzzjeWO8ejZTRG-MjfOkoe7vBoCrMcQAvD_BwE

16. hughtrimble

Mobster

To clarify, you actually mean 'less casual'? The options you've posted are far more dressy than the Ocean 1

17. Robi

Mobster

Sorry - I probably didn't explain it well. I see my Steinhart as a more formal watch as I only wear it with a suit at work. I'm after something a little more casual, ideally with a leather strap, that I can wear outside of work i.e. in a bar/pub.

I can see the confusion as dress watches like those above are typically worn with long jackets. In essence, I'm after something other than a diver or chronograph :)

18. hughtrimble

Mobster

Divers and chronographs = casual. Reviews, sales listings, key words online etc. will not class those as dress watches so you'll really struggle to find what you're looking for without redefining them yourself too.

19. hughtrimble

Mobster

Keep your Ocean 1 and buy a few straps for it. You can make it totally transform the watch with e.g. a true NATO, a leather NATO, or two piece straps.

Honestly it'll feel like a new watch.

20. Robi

Mobster

Fair enough. Looks like I've been doing it wrong!

I am absolutely keeping my Ocean 1. This new watch is just going to be used alongside that and a Daniel Wellington.

Any thoughts on Junkers? The Brauhaus 6056-5 looks nice.