What watch do you wear?

Soldato
Present for the wife. She wanted a quartz, lovely little thing, feels properly solid for the money.

prx.jpg
Love mine (powermatic 80 in baby blue, the larger size)

Soldato
I've been considering getting myself a nice watch to celebrate retiring (at least for a while), combined with having a big birthday coming up.
I went up to Bluewater today to have a look at the Seamaster 300 in green - while it was lovely, at the current retail price I'm not sure if it's worth it.
Next door was a Breitling boutique, so I dropped in the to look at the Superocean Heritage in green which looked absolutely beautiful, over £1k less expensive and currently comes with an enhanced 8 year warranty.
I'm seriously tempted by the Breitling - I know its a Tudor movement inside and maybe not quite as 'prestigious' as the Omega, is there anything I should know about the Breitling to put me off ?
Shop around as they often discount quite heavily. There is a Breitling "outlet store" in Bicester village for example. Even the Omega will be "discountable" if you are paying in full (they are pricing in 0% finance on most of these models).

I think they both make cracking watches. I'd check out the Tudor BB58 in Blue or Black as an alternative to the 300M, too.

Soldato
I've been considering getting myself a nice watch to celebrate retiring (at least for a while), combined with having a big birthday coming up.
I went up to Bluewater today to have a look at the Seamaster 300 in green - while it was lovely, at the current retail price I'm not sure if it's worth it.
Next door was a Breitling boutique, so I dropped in the to look at the Superocean Heritage in green which looked absolutely beautiful, over £1k less expensive and currently comes with an enhanced 8 year warranty.
I'm seriously tempted by the Breitling - I know its a Tudor movement inside and maybe not quite as 'prestigious' as the Omega, is there anything I should know about the Breitling to put me off ?
As dLockers suggests, they're often available at a big discount grey more than the likes of Rolex and Omega.

Definitely wouldn't be buying from one of their boutiques.

Caporegime
Shop around as they often discount quite heavily. There is a Breitling "outlet store" in Bicester village for example. Even the Omega will be "discountable" if you are paying in full (they are pricing in 0% finance on most of these models).

I think they both make cracking watches. I'd check out the Tudor BB58 in Blue or Black as an alternative to the 300M, too.
Give me a Tudor BB58 over an Omega Seamaster 300M any day. The 300M is a chubby and inelegant watch in comparison.

Associate
Thanks, I'll keep an eye on Chrono24 and elsewhere. Everywhere is offering 0% finance, but I'd prefer to pay in full.

Caporegime
Shots fired :cry:
I'm serious... when I tried on the 300M I was like "wtf, how thick is this watch?". At close to 14mm it's as thick as a Sky Dweller or a Tudor Pelagos and at least those watches have legit reasons for being so thick. The BB58 is a much more manageble 12mm and imo just looks a lot nicer in terms of styling.

Last edited:

fez

fez

Caporegime
I'm serious... when I tried on the 300M I was like "wtf, how thick is this watch?". At close to 14mm it's as thick as a Sky Dweller or a Tudor Pelagos and at least those watches have legit reasons for being so thick. The BB58 is a much more manageble 12mm and imo just looks a lot nicer in terms of styling.

Whoa there! Whoa.

I do think that 14mm is getting too thick personally unless the design of the watch complements it. I have a seamaster aqua terra from 2007 and its 11.5mm perhaps. Sits much nicer than a thicker watch would on my sparrow wrists.

Caporegime
Whoa there! Whoa.

I do think that 14mm is getting too thick personally unless the design of the watch complements it. I have a seamaster aqua terra from 2007 and its 11.5mm perhaps. Sits much nicer than a thicker watch would on my sparrow wrists.
For a 300M dive watch, 14mm thickness is unacceptable for me. It's the watch equivalent of a little piggy.

Associate
The thickness is because of the saphire display backs on the Omegas which the other watch's you mentioned don't have. Weirdly I favour a thicker heavier watch out of choice. Just my preference.

Soldato
I have both - and I wouldn't say the 300M feels noticeably fatter. Is it because of exhibition backs? Mine doesn't have that.

Associate
Would really like Garmin to release a Smart Ring, or "band only" style tracker for those folks that want to combine with a flex, I mean real, watch.

Back
Top Bottom