What Will You Do If Windows 12 Isn't Free?

Soldato
Remember going out to buy Windows 98 on release day. Cost £80 I think.

I need an OS and do not expect it for free. Without it, my computer is not that much use.

Why should it be free? Not like I pay into the MS ecosystem through other means so do not begrudge them some money every few years. If the alternative is the shambles which is Linux, take my money.

Last edited:
Soldato
Remember going out to buy Windows 98 on release day. Cost £80 I think.

I need an OS and do not expect it for free. Without it, my computer is not that much use.

Why should it be free? Not like I pay into the MS ecosystem through other means so do not begrudge them some money every few years. If the alternative is the shambles which is Linux, take my money.
If its full of datamining and ads, it should be free. A paid version should not have any of that ****.

Associate
I already pay for MS 365 family sub, if they bundle the Windows license in and let you carry it across to other machines that would be pretty convenient as I change hardware quite often. Would hesitate to pay any more than £1/month extra for it though.
That would be a reasonable idea. Not keen on subscription just for the OS. Needs the bundle.

Associate
I already pay for MS 365 family sub, if they bundle the Windows license in and let you carry it across to other machines that would be pretty convenient as I change hardware quite often. Would hesitate to pay any more than £1/month extra for it though.
I would also expect an option to disable ads in the news feed etc.

Back
Top Bottom