• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What's the best Intel processor with this MOBO?

Associate
Hi all,

For 2021, I'm looking to deepen my understanding of PC's, eventually hoping to build my own. In the past, I've just gone to companies like Overclockers and had a machine built. I know that with more understanding I can get more power from them.

I'm currently trying to understand CPUs more, and in particular what I need to be able to run them.

I'm using my current setup as a baseline. So, I have the ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming motherboard, currently with an i7 9700k CPU.

Though I;m not really looking to upgrade, as a learning point I am curious as to what the max processor this motherboard can handle is (and why). So if, for example, I wanted to get a 10900 or 10940x, would the mobo be able to handle it and if not what would I need to be looking for?

If anyone is able to educate me I'd be grateful!

With thanks,

James

Man of Honour
You need a new motherboard z490 if you want a 10900 which is a diffrent socket.

The 9700k is a great chip so i wouldnt be upgrading that unless you need more cores, and the most you could upgrade to is a 9900k.

Back
Top Bottom