Whats the worst gig you've seen?

Caporegime
Psymonkee said:
Only been to 2 gigs so I can hardly talk from experience...

However I would say The Offspring get this award :/

Big fan of their stuff and enjoy all their CD's. Was looking forward to the live performance.

They come on stage about 30 mins late (we were never told why the delay happened) and they kicked off with not a word to the crowd. Finished the first song, complained about people crowding up to close adn then played 22 songs back to back without any crowd interaction :/

Then they left :\

This was 2004, no drummer either :(

They were brilliant when I saw them in 2001, full band, support groups were AFI and A, and there was plenty of talking. Shame they never played 'Gone Away' which is a terrible shame, but definitely very good.

Associate
georges said:
Reading last year.. one band stood out as being particularly horrendous:

The Pixies(One of the most talentless bands I've ever heard. This show was appauling.. me and my friends left for the Dance Tent.)

It was actually horrendous.

Haha

A5H

A5H

Permabanned
I thought trivium sucked live :/
Heafy didn't scream at all.
God forbid were the support and blew trivium away.
Also, the god forbid guy was about 87 feet tall with arms like trees so I was like :eek:

Soldato
NokkonWud said:
They were brilliant when I saw them in 2001, full band, support groups were AFI and A, and there was plenty of talking. Shame they never played 'Gone Away' which is a terrible shame, but definitely very good.
I seen them on that tour. It was my first gig and I was an AFI fan when I left. A didn't support when I seen them though. It was Caffine. They also played Gone Away when I seen them.

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
Worst live act I have ever seen? Would have to be a close call between Blink 182 and Alkaline Trio.

Biffy Clyro were also unimaginably terrible but that was probably down to the fact that the PA was set up by someone who thought making it sound good was to move every slider to the top and every dial (bar the balance) to the right.

:(

Caporegime
Woody__ said:
I seen them on that tour. It was my first gig and I was an AFI fan when I left. A didn't support when I seen them though. It was Caffine. They also played Gone Away when I seen them.

Bah, they played loads of classics, just not Gone Away which was a shame, the cheer that went up for "The Kids Aren't Alright" was immense however.

Suspended
Hmmm - worst gig

Its a tossup between Steve Harly with Cockney Rebel or the Travis gigamagig.

Though Steve Harly was supported by the awesome Bootleg Beatles, but then Travis were supported by the rather groovy Doves.

Meh

Man of Honour
Worst gig I've seen was Electric Six at Salisbury City Hall, ~Feb 2005. They weren't BAD, it's just that it was nothing special, and in between songs for some reason everyone was shouting "GAY BAR! GAY BAR! PLAY GAY BAR AGAIN!" - possibly because most of the people there weren't proper E6 fans, it's just that it's so rare you get a 'proper' band playing round here so people went along. I also had ringing in my left ear for a couple of days aftwards due to being stood at the side with a speaker not far away. On the plus side, I did see a couple of girls having a snog :)

Most disappointing act was probably Nickleback who were supporting Bon Jovi at St Mary's stadium last month. Seemed quite a bland performance and to be honest I prefered the first (local) warmup act.

Associate
worst gig i've been to was in fact this year, when i went to see babyshambles as one of my mates friends had pulled out last minute and i said i'd help him out by taking it off his hands (i'm not really a big fan). I spent most of my time looking around a bit dazed and confused trying to understand what the frig he was singing and eventually when we left, my day was made better when we met ryan adams and he gave me an autograph.

Associate
William said:
Biggest disappointment was probably The Coral at the Oasis gig last year in Manc Stadium, they were really bad compared to The Zutons and just didn't really perform that well.
That's quite funny really, considering The Zutons are basically a The Coral tribute band.

Categorically the worst performance I have ever seen in my entire life by an 'established' band was given by Senses Fail at Leeds Festival. It was beyond belief.

Fall Out Boy can't pull it off live, as someone said. Seen them three times over the last 18 months and it's never been good (although the smaller venue was slightly better). Nice chap that Patrick, though. I'll give him that.

Associate
I agree that Alkaline Trio don't have stage presence - I saw them at Brixton last year and the sound was terrible. Good band though, and they worked hard, so that wasn't my worst gig...
I'd probably say Bryan Ferry, who was a moody tosspot and left after about 10 songs. It was a nighttime gig and still light when he buggered off.

Scenesters...at Editors not long ago my friend and I was ecstatic and jumping around to every song - when they started playing 'Camera' I ecstatically screamed 'I love this song!!!', only to be greeted by exasperated looks from the 14 year olds in front of us who only sang along to 'Munich' and didn't jump around at all. I hate them. Hate hate hate.

Oh and The Offspring were good when I saw them at Milton Keynes Bowl in 2001, I think. They interacted with the crowd a lot, including gettign everyone to sway to 'Intermission' - I still remember a quote from Dexter himself - "You see those people sitting down on the grass? **** THOSE PEOPLE!!"

Seeing AFI in October for the first time despite being a hardcore fan for 5 years...can't wait!!

Associate
Pink Floyd on the Animals tour. I was given a free ticket and gobsmacked at the amount of people who didn't seem to listen to the music but watched the lights and flying pigs. When we came out people didn't talk about the music but all the effects and lights. Mind you it was a great cure for insomnia.

Soldato
calnen said:
Queen Adrena in Leicester a few years back, they were pretty terrible. The drummer was a stand-in I think - he was totally awful! And the singer wasnt as good as she seems on recorded versions. In fact she was pretty bad too.

I saw Queen Adreena, at TMF last year. And I have to say they were really amazing!

Man of Honour
OP
QABoy said:
Pink Floyd on the Animals tour. I was given a free ticket and gobsmacked at the amount of people who didn't seem to listen to the music but watched the lights and flying pigs. When we came out people didn't talk about the music but all the effects and lights. Mind you it was a great cure for insomnia.

I assume you went Bingley Hall, so we were in the same cowshed.
I came away thinking exactly the same thing but they were better than The Rolling Stones.

Just found this - it wasn't the Animals tour but they did play nearly all Animals.

1977: David Gilmour, Roger Waters, Nick Mason, Richard Wright

"In the Flesh" World Tour
Pink Floyd with Dick Parry and Snowy White
Setlist: Sheep, Pigs on the wing (1), Dogs, Pigs on the wing (2), Pigs, Shine on you crazy diamond pt. 1-5, Welcome to the machine, Have a cigar, Wish you were here, Shine on you crazy diamond pt. 6-9, Money.

March

1 - Olympiahalle, Munich, West Germany
15 - Empire Pool, Wembley, Middlesex, England [21]
16 - Empire Pool, Wembley, Middlesex, England [-]
17 - Empire Pool, Wembley, Middlesex, England [22]
18 - Empire Pool, Wembley, Middlesex, England [23]
19 - Empire Pool, Wembley, Middlesex, England [24]
28 - New Bingley Hall, Stafford, England
29 - New Bingley Hall, Stafford, England
30 - New Bingley Hall, Stafford, England [27]
31 - New Bingley Hall, Stafford, England [28]

Man of Honour
William said:
Biggest disappointment was probably The Coral at the Oasis gig last year in Manc Stadium, they were really bad compared to The Zutons and just didn't really perform that well.

Now that you mention it I was somewhat disappointed by The Coral when I saw them supporting Oasis in Southampton. They played a pretty long set (at least 8+ tracks) due to Babyshambles not showing up, and were distinctly average.

Back
Top Bottom