What's your favourite thing on toast?

Consigliere
I love toast but what is your favourite thing to have on it?

Mine has to be either good old standard butter, baked beans or cheese. :cool:

You? Any weirdos out there or have strange things on it...?

Associate
Definately sprinkles. First tried them in Sweden and fell in love.
Currently have these type:
DSC00202.JPG

Soldato
Loganberry Jam! Mainly for the memories of staying around my Nans as a kid as she used to make it and saved it for my visits most Sunday mornings

Soldato
I read somewhere (almost certainly apocryphal) that peanut butter was originally conceived in Jamaica as a spread for toast, so I gave it a go and have enjoyed it like that ever since.

Very little beats decent thick toast with loads of real butter melted into it, perhaps with a touch of salt sprinkled on top.

Beyond that, I don't know if I can choose just one favourite thing. Cheese & tomato with basil grilled up (pizza, essentially), various pates and terrines, Vegemite™ (not Marmite™, if I can help it), pineapple cottage cheese, bacon and/or ham, Spam™, scrambled or fried egg...

One that you kinda have to try is SOS - **** On a Shingle.
Recipes online. Basically chipped beef in a creamy, mushroomy sauce on toast. It's an old WW2 army recipe, but surprisingly good. Far better than those Toast Toppers™ and hard to imagine ******* it up SO bad that it earns such a derogatory nickname.

Soldato
Got to be Welsh Rarebit for me - although when I've got a craving for the sweet stuff you can't beat a thick layer of the crunchy Biscoff biscuit spread (aka "crack in a jar"!) :D

Back
Top Bottom