What's your "Some thing a bit ghetto"

Soldato
Just thought this would be fun, we all have some thing we bodge together our self's or make to fill the gap show us here and hang your head in shame :eek: :D

here's my ghetto mouse mat, a sheet of A4 paper and some electricians tape

DSC00141.jpg

comfortable cheap to replace and a handy note pad to :p

Permabanned
Yeah I had that for a while. Not with my MX700 but with my old mouse at one point I had some A4 paper cellotaped to the desk. worked a treat. :p

Soldato
I just use an old A4 envelope folded in half. Works a treat. I found that plain A4 paper wouldn't be picked up by my optical mouse that well and it would jerk around a bit.

In the past I've bodged a resistor onto a fan cable then used a wrapper from a pack of fruit pastilles to cover it up by taping it around it at both ends. Worked good for months until I redid my cabling and got so fed up with the whiny little fan (reason i resistored it in the first place) that I tored the cables out of it. :)

Going to make my own fan hole in the side of my Antec Titan case door when the 92mm fan arrives. Not sure whether it should be an inny or an outty though. I'm thinking inny as there's only 2x80mm fans at the front blowing air in while I have a 120mm exhaust, the psu and the 2900XT blowing air out. The fan cover will be from the internal fan cover from the psu that I had to take off to get that needed 2mm of room for my Noctua CPU cooler.

Right now in my case though the biggest botch job is the 80mm AC-7 fan stuck to the back of my 2900XTs RAM heatsink plate by double sided sticky pads to blow over the noctua NB cooler as the P5N is a hot mother..

Soldato
OP
Darg said:
Right now in my case though the biggest botch job is the 80mm AC-7 fan stuck to the back of my 2900XTs RAM heatsink plate by double sided sticky pads to blow over the noctua NB cooler as the P5N is a hot mother..

hehe thats more like it using your £260 grfx card as a fan mount :cool:

Soldato
damian666 said:
NICE! I suppose the thing has to earn its money playing all the latest games just doesn't cut it in this day and age of multitasking products :D

Precisely, it's just wasting space otherwise!

Soldato
OP
Azza said:

Brilliant it wouldn't be the same without the water cooling it would just be like a quick test rig but that water cooling just makes it plain dangerous its great i can imagine it now "here you go love heres your coffee" then replied with " WO there missus watch the gaming rig on the carpet" :D
hats off to you sir your are a loony

Last edited:
Associate
Well this is my 'sumthin a bit ghetto

My pull out drawer wasn't big enuf for a keyboard and mouse so I had one made for £3 then I found that the wood was cuuing into my wrists so I bought a £1, 1 metre length of pipe insulating tube stuff and gaffer taped it to the new drawer making a comfy wrist support....cheap and very ghetto....needs dusting badly!!!!

By modjo

:D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom