Whea Uncorrectable error

Soldato
Every time i start my pc from from cold i get a Whea Uncorrectable Error, ive tried the fixes ive found on youtube but its still doing it, the fixes ive tried are the memtest, Prime95, chkdsk and the driver update but none of them seemed to of fixed it.

Can anyone help please.

Thanks

Soldato
This usually indicates a cpu error, loads of answers by doing a Google search.
Reseating the cpu and checking bent pins, doing a bios update and updating system drivers can help.
Andi.

Soldato
OP
dang never done a bio update and tbh i dont think its bios as ive had my pc a Year with no issues and its only just started doing it since i went to windows 10.

Ive also checked temps and nothing wrong there.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Tried most of them there is one on video that i havent tried going to do that now will reply later and let you know thanks m8

Soldato
OP
Anyone have any suggestions please it only happens from a cold start when the pc has been off for a while.

Soldato
Usually get this with unstable overclocks.

If not overclocking, it would indicate some sort of hardware issue.

Could start with a fresh install of windows, just incase it's some sort of driver issue.

Also I would reset the bios to default settings before reinstalling windows.

Edit*

Check for bios update as well.

Soldato
OP
ive already done fresh install after i started getting this ive not changed anything in bios so its already default

As for bios update ive never done one before as it terrifies the crap out of me of feking something up.

Associate
I'd reseat and check for bent pins as has been suggested, I'd also flash the latest bios; it's easy these days, dump it on a usb stick and use the bios flash utility.

You say you're not overclocked so perhaps some other issue such as PSU delivering bad voltage?

You might consider manually controlling the CPU voltage as if you were overclocking and set it higher than stock, perhaps the CPU isn't stable at stock volts, although that would be odd because usually stock volts has quite a bit of headroom.

Also when you say this only occurs from cold boot, how do you know that? After you get the BSOD the machine reboots and it doesn't happen again until full shutdown? Also nothing in event viewer, that's odd, no WHEA correctable warnings? Look under System for event source "WHEA-Logger".

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
no happens soon as i turn the pc on it does the recover from it and its fine, I can even restart ect and its fine its just that inital start from it being off.

Soldato
Did you upgrade to windows 10?

I had this on my 2600k and p8p67-m pro and touch wood its not happening since I did a full format and reinstall.

Soldato
Erm, what PSU do you have buddy?

Looking at this now and a Whea uncorrectable error is predominantly an overclocking power issue with voltage and only otherwise caused by other power issues.

As you have not overclocked i suspect you might (possibly) have an issue with your PSU over the other hardware. Do you have any other PSUs that you could temporarily test with?

Back
Top Bottom